“housekeeping spoiled this review”

Boardwalk Beach Resort
Ranked #153 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 9 April 2012

i booked my room a week in advance and requested a room on the lower floor.it was granted with a room on the 2nd floor (room 236).based on the reviews i read i was reluctant to book here.im glad i did.the room was clean ALL THE WAY THROUGH.the kitchen the restroom the carpet,etc.yes it was a little dated.but you have to remember ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE rent theses rooms out every single day so they are not gonna be perfect and all new.i had a problem with my telephonr in the livingroom s0 i called the front desk from my cell and maintenence wss there before i could even hang up the phone.the pools were plentiful but bring your own towels because they dont supply any at their pool area.thr pools were not the cleanliest ive seen but again you have to remember ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE are in and out ALL DAY LONG.the hotel itself is along the main strip and is convenient to everything.you can expect it to be noisy because people are walkin the strip at all times.parking is across the street but it is plentiful. theres a few on the hotels property but dont expect to get one.ive found that most hotels in myrtle beach have their parking across the street so thats no big surprise.lets see i think ive covered everything..except HOUSEKEEING..and thats because it was the worst part of my stay here.let me just say DENISE is the worst person ive ever encountered working with the public in my life.first of all she knocked on our door and said housekeeping(so im assuming okay we're about to get our room cleaned)..when i opened the door she just stood there..so after looking at each other for a few seconds i finally broke the silence and said "can we have some towels and toilet tissue?" she turned and handed me some toilet tissue but said shed have to bring me the towels back(i dont understand why she didnt have the basic essentials with her)but anyway i said okay.she brought the towels back an hour later and gave them to my daughter.when i went to the bathroom to use a towel, they were damp AND she only brought towels..no handtowels or washclothes.so i went to the door and she was still out there,so i told her the towels were damp.her rude response and i quote was "i got them out of the dryer just give them back..i said dont worry bout it,can i have some washclothes..she said shed have to bring them back..i mean really!!!she did bring them back a few minutes later and i just had to tell her..i said you look so mean are you having a bad day..her response and i quote was "these checkouts"..whatever that meant.so i went back in my room.when i came out about an hour later she was still out there..this time mumbling to herself..i didnt dare ask her what was wrong i just stood there watching the traffic from my front door view..by this time another woman from housekeeping came around the corner and she told her and i quote "hes lyin on me he didnt say he wanted his linens changed."the other woman( maybe her supervsor)said something to her and left. thats when denise said and i quote "and they wonder why i smoke marijuana this is why right here,dont tell no lie on me, if you gone tell it,tell the truth but dont lie about it callin front desk on me......"i shook my head and i went back inside. the next morning i went to the front desk to get some towels and while i was there i told the lady at the desk that they have a lady in housekeeping named denise that is very rude and all she said was okay,so i said she really is rude and she then replied i'll tell her supervisor.WOW!!but anyway im not gonna give the hotel a bad review based on the terrible actions of one housekeeper that obviously doesnt know what her job entitles and what good customer service is as well.i hope my review helps you decide if this hotel is the one for you.i would recommend you give them a try.

Room Tip: most people prefer high rooms. room 236 gave a pretty good view.stay in the MAIN TOWER
1  Thank rhonda n

Reviewed 7 April 2012

This place was a dump. The indoor pool and hot tub were closed. The outdoor hot tub was cold. Half of the outlets in the room did not work. The manager was very snarky. The room itself looked like it was last upgraded in 1965. I would not reccomend this place to anybody. We booked this room for a week. After one night, we checked out. This place is a joke! Look for somewhere else!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else besides this place.
2  Thank matt l
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This hotel was just horrible. I looked at the review before I booked and so it was horrible but I booked there anyway because sometimes you can't always believe what you see. I will never stay at this hotel again,the pictures on the site are way different than when you get there, there was only one TV and it look like it was from the 70's. The bathroom was dirty the floors look like there were wet all the time. The elevators smelled bad my husband was pissed how this hotel was. The only thing good about this hotel is the location it's right on the strip of ocean blvd were you can walk to a whole bunch of places. There were teenagers playing loud music all night, I would recommend this hotel to anybody and they charge $5 for each child when you go to check in, they don't tell you that.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This is one of the worst places I have stayed in my entire life. There were so many wrongs, it was incredible. I literally questioned every day of my trip how they remained in business. The rooms look like they haven't been renovated since the 60s. The shower was the definition of disgusting, and the bathrooms were small. The shower clogged up until the bath was filled with dirty water. The sink was outside of the bathroom right in front of the kitchen, which was extremely unhygienic for those two to be anywhere near each other. The doors, also, were hard to lock and unlock. It was literally a mission getting in and out every time. The appliances were similar in age to the design of the room, old. It would be impossible for me to speak of the service, because WE DID NOT GET ANY. We would call in for towels, wait an hour, then have to go downstairs and across the street to the guest reception for our towels. It wasn't until the 4th day of our 4 day trip we finally got an extra pillow. The room wasn't only the problem, having to deal with some of the exterior things were terrible too. The halls were filthy and creepy. The elevator shook and was extremely slow. The list goes on and on. I certainly DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL. You'd be WAY better off forking up a few more bucks for a better hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go anywhere near this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christopher A
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I booked our rooms online. The website shows a nice tall hotel with nice rooms. When we got there our room was VERY old and outdated. Our stove was so old that it had push buttons (like a blender). The room did not look anything like the website. We would not go back again. If you go please ask for the Main Tower it is the new building.

Room Tip: Ask for Main Tower!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family