See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Do not even think about staying. It is a mess. You would be better of staying on the street. I think it must be the worst place on the beach. I do not know why tripadvisor would even list it. l think there is some kind of standard when you are on tripadvisor.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Trash and weeds greet you in the parking spaces. Dying caterpillars squirming on my room's floor greeted me when I entered room 19. Dead bugs and hair on the bathroom floor, dead bugs on the bathroom windowsill. A roach/water bug ran across the table when I picked up the telephone. Cigarette butts litter the public walking areas, cigarette butts in ashtrays everywhere.
My bed was comfortable.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2015

When I first moved there a year ago the place was fine and the owner Avi was nice as can be but I found out later why he was nice to the woman, its his way of getting them up to his room to have sex with him if they cant pay the rent, but they still have to pay it later After they go to bed with him, he cons and uses woman and then holds a bill over their head as a threat. I had to deal with that and bedbugs for months. I finally moved out and now he refuses to give me my deposit even though the place was left cleaner then it was when I moved in.

Room Tip: you have to like bugs and the smell of dog poop to rent a room here
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Wolf A
Reviewed 1 August 2015

I was shocked at the condition of the motel this visit. The dog park was full of small & large turds, the grass that had been in the center was now dirt with weeds a foot tall, & the large shady tree in the back now took over about 1/3 of the park area, requiring that benches be moved into the open. When I called this to Avi's (owner) attention, he blamed it on a maintenance problem he had for a week or two. (This mess did not happen in a week or 2).

My room had a nice bench in front, with an ash tray full of dirty butts. The outside of the room next to mine was full of butts, soda cans, & other trash. This room was occupied by a guy who said he was the maintenance man, who was living there with 2 kids, a large dog & a puppy. Another son was visiting but did not live there. As you walk around, the outside of most rooms were full of ashtrays with butts & other types of vacationing trash.

One of the pools was closed.

Since my last visit, a new feature was added. A cage was built housing birds, a parrot, rabbits & other small animals. Cute, but it did not appear to be kept very clean.

The room was clean & even had a stove & small fridge.

The wifi in the room did not work 90% of the time, making my iPad useless. I complained, but Avi showed me how good his smart phone worked outside & told me the problem was my iPad. I wasn't going to argue. However, my iPad worked in the beach condo where my relatives stayed!

Avi has always been a courteous & friendly owner, so I dislike writing this. However, I do not plan to stay there next year when my dogs & I make our annual road trip to Myrtle Beach. The place has never been a 5-star motel, but its location across the street from the beach, the dog park & the friendliness of the owner made it a great place to stay for a few days or a week. No more.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are good because parking is better.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank joanner471
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

My daughter booked 5 nights and only stayed one because they found 2 roaches in the room. The co-owner refused to refund their money for nights not stayed (he did give some money back) and told them one roach wasn't bad. My daughter is a single mother trying to give her daughter a vacation. They had to wait an hour and a half for him to even meet them and then he basically called him liars about how long they waited until she showed him her phone. He basically told them it was all about the money and was very rude to them. He was raising his voice at them even after they were being professional about the whole thing. There is even more of the story about him first going to give them all their money back to betting them they couldn't find more under their bed and not giving any money back

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends