See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We stayed at the Mariner last weekend and loved it. We were so happy we found a nice place that let us bring our dog along.
Very nice hotel and excellent attention to the customer.
We are definitely going to go back.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The staff is headed by Avi who takes care of all of our needs even when it is not convenient in the middle of the night. One of his staff, Dalton, is friendly, sweet, kind and works hard to ensure our stay here is a pleasant one. We love the dog park and Avi maintains pooper scooper bags for his guests. There is no odor in the dog park and you don't have to watch you every step because it is so clean. The rooms are plenty big, even for a large family like us with multiple dogs. Many "so called" pet friendly motels would not take larger dogs or some breeds like pitt bulls. Our dogs are well behaved and gentle but many hotels never stop to find out. We recommend that you stay at the Mariner for a most pleasant vacation. Tell your friends. Come meet Avi and his staff. You will be so glad you did!

Room Tip: Call Avi in person and tell him what you need.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have stayed at the Mariner Motel 5 times in the past two years. I have stayed the weekend in a standard room, stayed for a week in a one bedroom, then again with my family in a two bedroom unit. The rooms are spacious, extremely clean and have everything you need for your stay, including an area for my dog to enjoy the outdoors! Of all my stays only once did I had a small issue... my t.v. remote did not work. When I notified the manager, a member of his staff came to the room immediately with a new remote. Recently I read a review from a guest claiming to have been bitten by bed bugs. I called the manager and asked if there had been a report regarding such. He stated he was aware of the review. It appears the guest has a personal vendetta because of no personal gain. Shame on those who feel the need to write nasty, false, accusations for personal satisfaction. I have always been more than satisfied with the conditions of my bed, my room, my entire stay at the Mariner. I have reserved my room and eagerly await my vacation to Myrtle Beach and my stay at the Mariner next month.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cshell528
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We did not need a fancy place to stay and traveled with our pet....for our mom's funeral. Now I know why you have to book on line. The room was not anything like had been described to me when I called. My brother was eaten up with bed bug bites within a few hours after we checked out. It was the worst motel experience of my life and may be a health risk!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you like bedbugs
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We walked into our room and walked right out!! We had reserved a 2 bedroom suite for only one night. The room appeared to be clean, but there was no way I was sleeping there, not even for one night! This hotel is VERY dated….I’ll just leave it at that!! It could be made a really nice place with some TLC. On a positive note….the owner, Ali, was extremely pleasant and the swimming pool looked to be really nice! He gave us a full refund and we were on our way.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family