2,135 results
All reviews oceanfront building across the street ocean front main building lazy river continental breakfast rocking chairs the breakfast area indoor pool breakfast staff yogurt ocean blvd first floor great place to stay private balcony hot tub bike week
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Very friendly staff from check-in to breakfast servers to check-out. decent price for the room. Breakfast had a large selection of hot or cold food, fruit, coffee and juices. Hotel is across the street from the ocean. Did not use the indoor or outdoor pools or gym but they looked clean. Room was clean , very comfortable bed, great shower. Has refrigerator, stove and sink if you want to cook your own meals.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thanks for your kind and detailed review, which I'm certain will be an aid to others. We appreciate your taking the time to write about us and your stay, and sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again. We work hard to be both a "good value" and a great place to stay.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Would never recommend this location to anyone. Front service staff was rude and unprofessional upon my arrival, making me feel like dirt. Not wearing a name tag, and her manners and just blatant disrespect for a paying customer that had just driven 11 hours through the night to get here - you can guess I was expecting a little hospitality. Sadly, no.

Reported this whole situation to corporate too. The story is simple: I give her my ID, AAA card (for discount), and credit card. She takes all this and is doing her thing in the computer, so I think, well, it'll probably take her a couple minutes so I take out my phone and check email while she continues her work.

Next thing I remember is a, "Are you done?" My head bobs up, "Excuse me?"

"Are you done? I'm just waiting for you now."

I immediately say I'm sorry and that I was the one WAITING and being CONSIDERATE, not her. She continues to say that no, she was the one waiting on me since I was "on my phone." At this point, between the lack of food, sleep deprivation, and more, I was about to emotionally boil over so I just shut it and let her take her sweet time then showing me the map of the hotel in her still rude-as-can-be tone.

Lorie, the general manager, left me a telephone voicemail, and I appreciate her taking the time to be as professional as she was in her message after I left the following morning, but the damage was done. If I had been met by Martin, who checked me out that morning, I would have had a much better experience upon check-in. Never met a more genuine, kind, caring, and attentive person in the 5 minutes I was in his company before getting back on the road.

P.S. Thankfully, I was just staying one night here until family flew in to meet them as we were staying someplace else for the whole week. Thank god for that.

P.P.S. The rude woman also didn't give me the internet access code so I had to call and wait for a guy representing their internet service to give me access after about 20 minutes. Talk about a backwards operation here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Raytripreview
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed and important feedback about your experience with us. We have made both immediate improvements and permanent changes to make sure every guest receives the best in customer service from all of us, all the time.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We stay here each Oct and highly recommend it. Always nice and clean. Good staff and right on the beach. We feel it is so nice our children are now coming to this motel. WE wouldn't stay any other place.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

We love it when you're here and always look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks for your kind words--and your continued patronage.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

The hotel was very clean and conveniently located to the beach and other areas of interest. Staff was exceptionally friendly and kind. The boardwalk was only a short drive. The hotel offered a very nice breakfast with hot grilled items and was a great addition to our stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

We appreciate your kind words and taking the time to post them on line. We truly hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Nice Hotel. The owner, Jack is always around. I stayed there several times. Staff is always nice, breakfast is good and it's close to the beach! Rooms are clean . There is only two pet friendly rooms.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write about us and post on line. We value your patronage and appreciate the feedback.