“Wonderful Place to Stay”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel during my visit to Myrtle Beach, SC. The hotel is immaculate and the staff is friendly and eager to help. They are polite and very knowledgeable about the area and the breakfast was great!

Room Tip: ask for double room with 3 queen size bed-very comfortable and has a kitchenette

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for 10 years for the Run To The Sun car shows. We stay here whenever we come to Myrtle Beach. The rooms are always clean. The housekeeping staff does a great job. Everyone here will go out of their way to assist all guest.

While checking in (March,2012) during a conversation with another guest I mentioned that I had had several back surgeries. After I checked in the gentlemen at the desk had a staff member help me unload and carry my things to my room.

With my back problems the beds are very comfortable.

We have always been very satisfied with our stays here. We refer this hotel to all our friends.

1  Thank Ken R
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stay at this hotel annually for a car show. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else! The staff is fabulous and so helpful. We request a certain room and so far they have been able to accomodate us. When we checkout, we make reservations for the next year! It is as good a any 5 star hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We switched to this hotel after checking in to another that was horrible. The Grand Strand was amazing in comparision. I would definitely recommend asking for the building that is beachside. We were ocean view. The building was small so there wasn't a lot of foot traffic, and often we were the only ones in the indoor pool. We didn't have any trouble with parking, but I think it could be a problem if it were the busy tourist season.

The room was bright and well maintained. It was clean and smelled fresh. The beds were comfortable. It was nice to have a TV with a DVD player for my children. The location and access to the beach could not have been better.

The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. We asked for several dining recommendations, and they were spot on each time. They had some helpful ideas for avoiding crowds and generally seemed to know the area well.

If you want, you can go across the road to the main hotel to use the outdoor pool and lazy river. There is also a continental breakfast there. It has the general fare but includes make your own waffles for a hot option.

I would definitely stay here again without thinking twice.

Room Tip: Defintely choose the beachside building with a view. You won't be sorry!
1  Thank PAFamilyofFour
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a helpful review! By telling us about your experience, you are helping us better serve you and other guests in the future. Furthermore, positive word of mouth is extremely important in the hospitality industry, and so I'm very happy to hear that you had only positive things to say about your stay at our property. We do our best to provide guests with exemplary customer service, clean and high-quality rooms, and excellent amenities. I'm proud to hear that you found each of those things with us. Thanks again, and we'll look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was my first time to Myrtle Beach and I chose this hotel based on previous reviews. Once I got there I was initially a bit disappointed as I had not realized that the hotel was divided by the road into two separate buildings: the main structure on the northside of the boulevard and the southside ocean-view building. It is highly recommended that you choose the seaside building as the other one has a motel feel and you may get a lot of road noise with no view whatsoever. Myrtle Beach is a bit of a zoo with respect to hotels & motels as there are so many with large price differences. If you are not into high season, I would suggest that you book at one hotel for a couple of nights and then shop around once you get a feel for the area. What you want to do and the kind of crowd you want to run into will dictate where you want to stay.
A note on Myrtle Beach: this is strictly my opinion but even though the beach is very beautiful and clean, the town is just too tacky for my tastes. If you don't golf and are not into tackiness (mini-golf, Ripley's museums, Vegas style dollar stores, loud motorbikes), I would suggest that Charleston and Isle of Palms has more to offer. Also, there were large numbers of jelly fish on the beach which discourages swimming, having been stung before.

Pros: Very friendly staff.
Clean room.
Ocean view suites are steps from the beach.
Good Wi-Fi.
Comfortable bed.

Cons:
Have to cross road to get to breakfast area from sea-side building.
Breakfast is sub-par compared to most hotels I have stayed in the Charleston area on this holiday. If you don't get there early they run out of some food items. Eggs are really egg patties soaking in hot water.

Room Tip: For security reasons, get a room on the second or higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple