“Get away any time.”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We have stayed at this Best Western numerous times. This was our first time of staying in the Penthouse Suite. We had a private balcony, where we could just sit, rock & relax, with a very good view of the ocean. The double rooms, livingroom area & kitchen, were extra clean and roomy. The bathrooms, & jacuzzi tub were great. Ms. Amanda, head of housekeeping & all the staff were friendly from our sign in to our leaving. We will definately stay again really soon. Not just a summer get-away, but an anytime stay.

Room Tip: We always stay on the ground floor, 2 room suites. Pool & outdoor hot tub, plus a lazy river jus...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites

Reviewed 16 September 2011

It was okay. It was clean, roomy, and nice. I can't complain too much, but honestly the breakfast sucked... cold hard boiled eggs, a limited selection of cereal, bagels... the only good part were the waffles (I would compare the whole breakfast to eating a cold hot dog). The plumbing was bad... you could hear every time someone flushed the toilet. The maid came early in the morning to clean our room... it was like 9:30 AM... then she didn't even come back when I told her and the front desk people. We arrived back to our room in the evening only to find nothing changed and told the front desk who told the maid; only so she could give us fresh towels. For as much as we paid, we should have had a tidy room to come back to and a breakfast with a better selection.

The location was pretty cool... and everyone was friendly. I would stay if it were like $50/night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I always appreciate that guests are honest in their input; your comments on what we could do better help us improve for the benefit of our future guests. I am deeply sorry that your experience at my property was anything less than exceptional. Regarding the limited breakfast selection, I'd like to assure you that I am in the process of choosing a wider variety of foods. It is my intention to soon have more foods in addition to the freshly-made Belgian waffles, hot biscuits and sausage gravy, fresh fruit, and other choices currently available. I also apologize that your experience was such that you did not return to a serviced room at the end of day. That is not the norm at my property and I have spoken to the Executive Housekeeper about the matter so that it will not be repeated in the future. It is my hope that you will give us another chance to serve you. Again, thank you for the review!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

The room was great! The view was perfect and thanks to the floor plan I got to see online it's was perfect for my family. We got to put the baby to bed and still be able to enjoy our balcony and living rooom. The room was clean just a few crumbs on the floor and a dish that had some stuff still stuck on it in the cabinet. The people next to us made some big meal that smelled terrible but the price we pay for having a full kitchen. The lazy river was perfect for my son, he loved it. The breakfast staff was great and made us feel welcome in the morning. I will stay here again and tell others! Wonderful time at the Best Western Plus

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give a review; your positive words about my property are greatly appreciated. All of our room plans are available online on our website- anybody should be able to see each room type in the form of a virtual tour. I always encourage guests to look at these resources so that they can be confident in their room choice before they arrive in Myrtle Beach. I'm also pleased to hear that once you arrived, you found the room clean, the pool and lazy river enjoyable, and the customer service excellent. A promise to spread the word is the best compliment we can recieve; we'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

The staff was very friendly and the room was nice but the area isn't the greatest. A disturbing comment at check-in also to remove our hotel tag so others wouldn't know where we were a guest was quite unsettling. We were also put in a room on the first floor which I do not recommend because people can walk by there at all times of night and just unlatch the gate on your balcony and come right on. This hotel is also sandwiched between a Hampton and a less appealing motel on the other side.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My husband, toddler, and I had found ourselves in a bit of a nightmare when we thought we were leaving to head home from Myrtle Beach and found that our flight had been cancelled just hours before we thought we were to head home. The airline refused to do anything for their error except save us a spot on a flight that left almost 30 hours later the next day. Having to check out of our timeshare and now homeless with little money & the added expense of an additonal day rental car the we researched this hotel online and found it to have great reviews. We got there and Dennis, I assume the mgr listened as we shared our nightmare and he went above and beyond to extend some much needed help and kindness to us. He found us a suite with a nice kitchen and charged us a regular room rate with an addtitional 20% discount off of that. Seeing we had a little one he had the room cleaned right away and let us check in at 11 am instead of reg check in time. He offered to let us stay and use the pool facilities the next day since our flight wasn't leaving until very late and on top of it all when we were leaving he gave us his personal cell phone number to reach him at if we found ourselves needing anything at all. The entire staff from the front desk to the maintenance crew were in our eyes angels and the hotel room was gorgeous with a nice kitchen and an ocean view from our front porch wich had nice rocking chairs to relax in while taking in the ocean view. The pool, lazy river, and hot tub area were well kept and had music playing outdoors and my three year old loved it and my husband and I found it relaxing. If you want excellent customer service and a nice room for a great value come to this hotel and ask for Dennis!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family