“A wonderful and wondrous place to go”

Family Kingdom Amusement Park
Ranked #37 of 127 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: This charming, old-fashioned amusement park features more than 30 fun-filled rides including an all-wooden roller coaster, Log Flume, Go-Kart tracks, historic carousel and the largest Ferris wheel in South Carolina.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place was such an unexpected treat. Don't expect huge blockbuster rides but better than your typical carnival rides. For us- the most amazing thing about this place was the attitudes of the workers. I don't know how they pick their staff to run their rides but they all just exuded just as much joy and playfulness as the kids on the rides. Honestly- I think the man running the hurricane never stopped smiling and putting out happy energy the entire time we were there. It is no Disneyland but in some way - it was even more magical.GO!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)
All reviews
in 14 reviews
"zip line"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

It was expensive and they randomly shut down rides. The one ride my son specifically wanted to ride was shut down and we were told it was because they are short staffed.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We visited family kingdom for an afternoon while staying in the myrtle beach area. The rides were fair type rides but the kids enjoyed them. I thought the prices were a little high for the amount and types of rides but it was still a fun afternoon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My son spotted a brochure for Family Kingdom, so we planned to visit on its opening day during our MB trip. We arrived when it opened and wandered around to find the ticket counter. The park wasn't much to look at -- it reminded me of those carnivals that parks at the mall for a week. Rides are geared toward younger kids and teens, which was perfect for us.

It was simple to find a coupon ($3 off each bracelet) online, and that saved us a bit of money. I purchased bracelets only for the kids since my husband and I didn't want to ride. There was no entrance fee; you only paid for rides and games. Honestly, I expected our visit to last about an hour. Instead, we spent the whole afternoon there! My kids LOVED it and rode several rides multiple times. Since the day was cool and breezy, the crowd was very small. The kids did not have to wait in line at all. Another guest commented to me that he lives in Myrtle Beach and they come regularly throughout the year. He said the park is VERY busy during the summer, with lines extending past the gates. I was so glad it was low-crowd when we were there!

I appreciated that there were many benches and shady spots to sit throughout the park. For the most part, the employees were friendly. The park was clean and had fun music playing. There weren't great options for lunch, but we grabbed a funnel cake and ate after the park. A few restaurants surrounded Family Kingdom, and we could have easily walked to one. We headed to the safari mini golf place across the street afterwards. All in all, a great day for much less than we'd spend at similar attractions for a whole afternoon of fun!

2  Thank SavingsInSeconds