“Lovely mini vacation!!”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #15 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first trip to Myrtle Beach and it won't be my last. I had a lovely stay at this property. It's about a 10 minute drive from the airport and located right on the boardwalk/beach. My 4th floor ocean front room was very clean and just what I needed for my mini vacation. The added efficiencies (a fridge, stove (I didn't use it), dishware and microwave) allowed me to buy a few groceries at a nearby Walmart, so that I had easy access to fresh fruit, juice, bottled water, etc. every day. My room also had a balcony with two plastic chairs and a matching table. While I didn't sit out on the balcony during my stay, I did step out to hear the waves and admire the view several times.

The breakfast serving area is quite small and the food is your basic fare of: coffee, tea, juice, toast, bagels, hard boiled eggs, fruit. If you're looking for yogurt, meats (sausage, bacon) or pancakes, etc., you will not get that. However, there's a local breakfast spot called Mammy's Kitchen, that is less than a 10 minute walk from the hotel, where you can have a buffet breakfast for just under $9 or choose from the menu.

This hotel is in an excellent location with several tourist shops and restaurants next door or within walking distance. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back!

p.s. The lowrise building is about 3 floors with no elevator. If you want/need an elevator choose to stay in the tower.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Although I have visited MB more times than I can count, this was my first time staying on one of the boardwalk hotels. We got a decent price due to the off season.

I liked the vicinity of the hotel. My husband wanted to watch an out-of-market football game and was able to just walk next door to a sports bar, which was very convenient.

We arrived a little after 2pm without a reservation, because I was still choosing between several hotels. We were warmly greeted by one of the desk staff, who was waiting on another family but sent out the manager to assist us. I can’t remember his name (he’s from Connecticut) but he was phenomenal! He offered to show me different options (without my asking, which I appreciated because I’m a little OCD). Once I chose a particular room, he advised me that if I booked online, it would be cheaper so I did just that, right there at the desk!

We got a two queen bed oceanfront room with kitchen and it was perfect for our needs. The balcony door was a little hinky to lock but the view was great. I asked to be away from the elevator, but just so you know, there was a wall that blocked a portion of our ocean view on the left. We were in room 1009 and when I looked at room 1004, which was more central and closer to the elevator, that wall wasn’t an issue. Not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of.

We stayed for three nights and received housekeeping the first day, but not the second. I did call down around 4pm and was told that they would send someone up, but that never happened. I called back several hours later and just asked for fresh towels, which were promptly brought up. Not sure if there was a confusion with housekeeping because they did come to the door @ 10:30am and my husband told them that we were about to leave out (which we did leave the room about 10 minutes later) but maybe they thought we didn’t want to be serviced at all. Who knows?

Even though it was late October, we had to park in the overflow lot each night. A little dark and a block off the main strip so for me, I was a little nervous but had no issues with safety.

Breakfast was what I would expect - bagels, boiled eggs, waffles, muffins, fruit, cereal and juices.

The pool looked cute although we didn’t partake of it.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again for the price that we got (<$100/night).

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We chose this hotel for the fact that it was ocean front and had good reviews. We also took advantage of booking online for the 10% discount Fall special! Our room was 908 and included refrigerator, oven, microwave and a safe. It was nice and clean and offered great views of the Atlantic Ocean, the garden and pools below. From the staff at check in (Sarah), to housekeeping (Jeanette), to the bartender at the Tiki Hut (Tom), to the ease of parking. Every interaction was easy. The elevators were quick and breakfast was your typical Continental and all the items were fresh and tasty thanks to the lady managing it. Coffee was just fine! We enjoyed a pleasant stay there.

Room Tip: Best views from the top floors in the "Tower" building.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I chose this hotel for the fact that it was ocean front and offered efficiencies. I wanted access to a fridge and cooking facilities. The room we were given - 907, was beautifully clean (very important) and offered wonderful views of the Atlantic and of the pretty garden and pools below. There was nothing to complain about with this hotel from the staff at check in, to housekeeping, to the bartender at the tiki hut, to the ease of parking. Every interaction was easy. There was a safe in the room - an important safety bonus.The elevators were quick and while we only availed ourselves of breakfast one morning, the goodies were fresh and tasty.We enjoyed a pleasant, relaxing stay. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Loved this location. Spacious Rooms, very clean & the sound of surf from my balcony overlooking the ocean was a bonus! Compy bed & courteous helpful staff. Close to airport for business trip with parking. Convenient to everything. I will always stay on south end of Myrtle beach Holiday Inn. Most hospitable experience! Oh, and the ability to walk from the pool to the beach was a great convienence.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business