2,291 results
All reviewsfear knotcaptain ryanocean frontsky wheelcontinental breakfastwithin walking distanceperfect locationlazy riveracross the streetboard walkthe breakfast areahot tubgreat place to stayoceanfront roomtrip to myrtle beachpools were cleanhousekeeping staff
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Although I have visited MB more times than I can count, this was my first time staying on one of the boardwalk hotels. We got a decent price due to the off season.

I liked the vicinity of the hotel. My husband wanted to watch an out-of-market football game and was able to just walk next door to a sports bar, which was very convenient.

We arrived a little after 2pm without a reservation, because I was still choosing between several hotels. We were warmly greeted by one of the desk staff, who was waiting on another family but sent out the manager to assist us. I can’t remember his name (he’s from Connecticut) but he was phenomenal! He offered to show me different options (without my asking, which I appreciated because I’m a little OCD). Once I chose a particular room, he advised me that if I booked online, it would be cheaper so I did just that, right there at the desk!

We got a two queen bed oceanfront room with kitchen and it was perfect for our needs. The balcony door was a little hinky to lock but the view was great. I asked to be away from the elevator, but just so you know, there was a wall that blocked a portion of our ocean view on the left. We were in room 1009 and when I looked at room 1004, which was more central and closer to the elevator, that wall wasn’t an issue. Not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of.

We stayed for three nights and received housekeeping the first day, but not the second. I did call down around 4pm and was told that they would send someone up, but that never happened. I called back several hours later and just asked for fresh towels, which were promptly brought up. Not sure if there was a confusion with housekeeping because they did come to the door @ 10:30am and my husband told them that we were about to leave out (which we did leave the room about 10 minutes later) but maybe they thought we didn’t want to be serviced at all. Who knows?

Even though it was late October, we had to park in the overflow lot each night. A little dark and a block off the main strip so for me, I was a little nervous but had no issues with safety.

Breakfast was what I would expect - bagels, boiled eggs, waffles, muffins, fruit, cereal and juices.

The pool looked cute although we didn’t partake of it.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again for the price that we got (<$100/night).

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kesigirl
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We chose this hotel for the fact that it was ocean front and had good reviews. We also took advantage of booking online for the 10% discount Fall special! Our room was 908 and included refrigerator, oven, microwave and a safe. It was nice and clean and offered great views of the Atlantic Ocean, the garden and pools below. From the staff at check in (Sarah), to housekeeping (Jeanette), to the bartender at the Tiki Hut (Tom), to the ease of parking. Every interaction was easy. The elevators were quick and breakfast was your typical Continental and all the items were fresh and tasty thanks to the lady managing it. Coffee was just fine! We enjoyed a pleasant stay there.

Room Tip: Best views from the top floors in the "Tower" building.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I chose this hotel for the fact that it was ocean front and offered efficiencies. I wanted access to a fridge and cooking facilities. The room we were given - 907, was beautifully clean (very important) and offered wonderful views of the Atlantic and of the pretty garden and pools below. There was nothing to complain about with this hotel from the staff at check in, to housekeeping, to the bartender at the tiki hut, to the ease of parking. Every interaction was easy. There was a safe in the room - an important safety bonus.The elevators were quick and while we only availed ourselves of breakfast one morning, the goodies were fresh and tasty.We enjoyed a pleasant, relaxing stay. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Loved this location. Spacious Rooms, very clean & the sound of surf from my balcony overlooking the ocean was a bonus! Compy bed & courteous helpful staff. Close to airport for business trip with parking. Convenient to everything. I will always stay on south end of Myrtle beach Holiday Inn. Most hospitable experience! Oh, and the ability to walk from the pool to the beach was a great convienence.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I've been staying at the HI at the Pavilion on and off for many years now. If you want the downtown, boardwalk, all the action MB experience you will love this hotel. The rooms are a little dated, not 5 star perfect, but certainly nice enough efficiencies, good parking and always clean and with great ocean views AND you can put your car away and go to the beach, the Tiki bar on the pool and beach, all the shopping, arcades, Sky Wheel are on the boardwalk shared by the hotel, and of course the beach! . Good for couples or families.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo