1,434 results
All reviews rooftop pool free breakfast lazy river murphy bed every morning living room hot breakfast hot tub breakfast staff full kitchen ocean view pools were clean spring break oceanfront room vacation mb tubs
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We stayed in a queen suite on the 9th floor. The view was amazing, however the room left alot to be desired. The pictures on the hotel website made this place look amazing. This place needs LOTS of work. The corners of the room were really dirty. The blanket had a cigarette burn even though all rooms are supposed to be non smoking. Front desk was wonderful about replacing the blanket, but I had to go to the desk to get a new one. They apparently do not have housekeeping on staff at night. The oven was really dirty, along with the pan that was stuck in the oven. The coffee pot was dirty..I bought plastic utensils, plates, and bowls for us to use because I didn't want to hand wash everything in the cabinets. The parking structure was difficult getting into and out of. There was very little room to maneuver around poles.
On a positive note, the continental breakfast was wonderful! All the staff that we came in to contact with were nice and helpful. The pool area was really clean except for the baby pool with the sprinklers..the water in it was brown.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Monterey B, Guest Relations Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

We regret that you had a so so stay with us. Did you report any of the issues to a manager during your stay so that we could have a chance to make your stay better? We hope you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I wish I would have believed the negative reviews! My family and I traveled to Myrtle Beach, SC for a mini vacay. I was responsible for booking our stay. I came across Monterey Bay hotel and was amazed at the location, the price, and the fact that it was oceanfront sealed the deal! The website showed this was an excellent, clean, modern hotel! I booked instantly!

Prior to our arrival I called the hotel twice to confirm reservations since we were traveling in a large group. I didn’t want any problems upon arrival. I reserved one family queen suite and two additional rooms.

My cousin and her family arrived a day before the rest of us and she was upset immediately! Her room was dirty, the tub was filthy, the room smelled horrible! When we arrived I too was disappointed immediately! Driving our SUV into the parking garage was a challenge! The area where the front desk was smelled horrible! The elevators were slow. Several times during our stay we ran from one elevator to catch the other. Outside our room door smelled like urine! The floors were dirty! Old food was left on the microwave door! Food was left in the sofa! The furniture in the rooms did not have matching pieces! The furniture in the rooms are old! The curtains need cleaning! The room did not have a fresh clean smell! We all purchased air fresheners! Paint was peeling off the wall and the ceiling! The first floor in the garage flooded! The Security Guard told us. “Don’t be surprised if you don’t have any water in your room!” The coffee pot was dirty! Cigarette burns on the furniture! Yet, after seeing this my cousin agreed my room was better than hers.

What was most disappointing was that during my booking, I reserved a Family Queen Suite. When I arrived, they had given us two separate rooms. I called down to the front office and spoke with Gina. She says, “There is nothing I can do. The family suites are not promised and I will reprimand the person that booked your reservation.” I explained to her the website gives the option to book the family queen suite verses a single room; it was not optional. She replies, “We don’t control our website.” This did not go well. She was not apologetic nor did she seem to be concerned. The conversation escalated and I asked for the District Manager. She did not give me his number but said she would call him to see what could be done. She never returned my call so I called 20 minutes later and she offered 15% off our stay. She also mentioned we could leave and be given a full refund. I found that to be disheartening knowing every place in Myrtle Beach was likey booked up for the weekend!

We stayed but did not enjoy our stay at this hotel. We made the best of it because our family came together. We will never ever stay here again!

I would not recommend staying here ever! My car is cleaner!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

We regret you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We wish you better experiences in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

This was our second year here we just loved the first year but this time the experience wasn't as good. The rooms were good, not as clean as I had hoped. The breakfast was okay this year not as good as last year. Our biggest issue this year was the pool area. We stay for 8 days and every day at the pool someone dropped something from the balconies above. I had sand on me, someone spit on me. Food dropped garbage dropped, eggs dropped onto the surf shack and nothing was ever done about it. They truly need someone around the pool. I couldn't read due to the balls and toys and the splashing, there was no respect for those that wanted to relax.

1  Thank Laurie M

Thank you for staying with us a second time and informing us about some of the issues you came across. We will address these and hope that you will give us another chance to make your next vacation stay perfect.

Happy Travels

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I would not stay .. No way this place gets 3-4 stars. Its more like a 1-2 star location . The only good thing I can say nice view and close the beach . But our room 525, dirty, out dated, smelled like urine, The parking lot is very hard to navigate especially with a SUV or Pickup up. Not worth the money... Beyond disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask a lot of questions...
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

We regret you didn't enjoy your stay with us. And wish you better accommodations in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

The rooms were so dirty. They have ceramic tiles but the night we got there, we took our shoes off at the door of the room and the floor was sticky and dirty. Our feet were black by the time we put up our things.
The bathroom tub was dirty and had black gunk coming out of the fixture. The towels were stained and stiff.
The bedding for the sofa bed was stained and smelled. It looked like it hadn't been washed.
The breakfast they advertised was cold, powdered eggs and frozen pancakes they keep under a warmer. They were hard by the time my son sat down to try to eat them. We only ate breakfast at the hotel the 1st morning.
Some of the staff were nice but I always keep the "do not disturb" sign on my door bc I don't want anyone going through our things. I take out our trash and only ask for what we need when we need it, like trash bags, towels and toilet paper. One morning while getting ready with the DND sign on the outside of the door, there was a knock. I didn't answer and after a few more knocks, the maid proceeded to try and come in anyway. I had the security latch in place, but I still don't understand why she tried to come in with the DND sign on the door.

We go to Myrtle Beach often and will never stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Monterey B, Guest Relations Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

We regret you did not enjoy your stay with us. We hope you would consider giving us another chance.

Safe travels in the future.