“Gem of a place”
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Ranked #40 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This was our first visit to Waikiki Village but it will definitely not be our last.
Waikiki Village is a great older family run place. Nancy and all of her staff were great.
Our room was spotless and we were well looked after
Remember this is an older place and it has some wear and tear, but character by the yard.
We had no issues during our stay. Location is great, right across the road from the beach
and there is no waiting for elevators. Only a block walk to groceries restaurants as well as mini golf.
I would recommend Waikiki to any of our family or friends that were looking for a place that will provide great service and value for your money.
Thanks Nancy

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Chris U

Reviewed 1 May 2012

This summer will be my 42nd year of staying at Waikiki Village while vacationing in Myrtle Beach. First and foremost, if you require 4-star amenities then this is not the place for you; however, if your family enjoys clean rooms, a great pool, friendly staff, and a wonderful calm quiet family atmosphere then Waikiki Village is just the spot. Each year there are so many returning guests that it is like catching up with distant family and friends. 1500 S. Ocean Blvd. is an ideal location that is convenient to popular attractions but not in the middle of the hustle and bustle of more crowded areas of the beach. Because of the age and design of the building, 2nd floor guests should be considerate of the guests in rooms below them; and, of course, there are small issues to be expected when staying in an older place; but I can assure you that I would not be a return visitor after all these years if Waikiki Village did not meet my standards for a good vacation. No matter where my family chooses to visit, it's just not "vacation" if we haven't had our week at Waikiki Village in Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Susan F
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival, memories of my childhood flooded. Among the things I love are...
- retro - true 1960's environment
-pleasant staff
- apparent desire from staff for guest to be comfortable
- no pets -- although we love animals, my husband is highly allergic
- family friendly
- attendance to the little things ie. plenty of towels, comfortable beds, fantastic shower, most of all... Not only coffee but perculator, as well!
- immaculate
- pool and hot tub -
Maybe not for everyone but if you want to know what Myrtle was 50 years ago, this is it! I can't wait to go back!
Caution: this is not for the wild crowd!

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Gigijan
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stopped in at the Waikiki a couple weeks ago to break up a long drive from Vermont to Orlando, Fl. Most would consider that a little out of the way, however, after vacationing in Myrlte last summer we knew we wanted to revisit and had picked out the Waikiki as a destination to try before we book a full week. Without a doubt, it was a smart choice. Not only did we make it our stop on our way home, as well, but we will be returning in the near future and it is where we will stay!!!
The rooms are spacious, giving plenty of privacy and room to a family of
five. When you have three teenagers that can be necessary! However, in the same tone it has a very homey feel allowing a family all the comfort of such to reconnect. The balcony was very large, the rooms very clean and the staff warm and welcoming. The pool area made me feel safe to allow my teenagers travel on ahead of us. (something I would allow nowhere else)
If you get a chance to meet Nancy, the owner, she is true southern charm and hospitality. My kids, my husband, and I all look forward to visiting them all again soon!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jenijunebug
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This hotel is wonderful. The staff Nancy, Larry and my housekeeper Wendy were 2nd to none on the WHOLE Grand Strand. It's not a new property but kept like one. There is not a dirty spot on the whole place. The pool is huge and they have a hot tub that is clean as a whistle. There is wireless internet, cable and a short walk to the beach. If you want a FAMILY run place and to be TREATED like family, you will stay here. I will be back very soon !!

Thanks Nancy

Room Tip: I stayed in the rear of the hotel and had a beach view and no traffic noise at all.