3,243 results
All reviews rocking chairs bunk beds bath suite the breakfast area lazy rivers free breakfast north tower yogurt hot breakfast pool area overlooking the ocean common areas every morning oceanfront room parking garage off season easy access to the beach
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed over the weekend at the Hamption Inn oceanfront and were happy with the accommodations. We were on the 19th floor and had a wonderful ocean view of the beach out our window. The room was spacious with sink, microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge. the bed was comfortable. Our only complaints were that our shower faucet wasn't working well and it was difficult to get the faucet to turn to get hot water. One of the sink faucets was also loose. We did notify the housekeeping staff so hopefully this will be corrected for future guests. It is a nice property for families with children as the children's water area and (lame) "lazy river". The property also had live bands playing outside both evenings that we were there (Fri. and Sat.) and they played until 10:00 p.m. which could easily be heard inside our room - not a problem for us, but for families with small children or people who go to bed early, this could be an issue. We ate at the free breakfast buffet Sat. morning and arrived fairly early (8:30 a.m.) and no line and a good variety of hot foods. Sunday, however, was a different story with guests checking out both the elevator and breakfast lines were packed...it took a long time to catch an elevator or find one with enough room with so many guests all needing the elevator (there are 3 in the building). Just something to keep in mind if you have time issues- plan accordingly! Overall, happy with the hotel. Probably wouldn't recommend if you are wanting a more "romantic" quiet atmosphere - reminded us more of an "all inclusive" type resort we have stayed in for families - lots of kids running around.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room in a floor above the 5th floor for beach view and catching an elevator on Sun. - not full yet
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
TomMooreGM, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

We thank you for your review however, the property mentioned and shown in pictures is not our property. We do not have a 19th floor or bands by our pools. We also took a look at the pictures you submitted and realized it was not our property You must have gotten us confused with another property which is very easy to do in Myrtle Beach. However, we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Oceanfront during your next visit to Myrtle Beach. Please let us know if we can assist you in planning your next visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

While the location of the hotel is nice, I did not appreciate the noise coming from the room next door. We stayed in room 810 and I could literally hear every word of the loud and lively conversation (party?) from room 808 next door that went
on well past midnight. I don't know
if the walls are really thin or if the
guests were just really loud, but I
would not return to the hotel for this reason.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Pauszecf
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family reserved two King Suite rooms July 5-12. We stayed in the North Tower (with 3 elevators) and had little to no wait for a ride. Clean, affordable with free breakfast, coffee and cookies in the lobby, FREE parking and best of all, the awesome ocean view! A bit of a drive to the main attractions (broadway at the beach, barefoot landing) but manageable. We found a new favorite area near the airport....market commons! We are tennis players and the public courts were very close by. Pools galore for the kids with direct beachfront access. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank joalexajeff
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My wife and I along with our 11 month old daughter stayed at this hotel from July 22nd to July 24th. We met our relatives who also had 2 small children. This hotel was everything we could have asked for. It is a great place for family hands down. The way the pools were located along with it being right on the water was a perfect mix for everyone in our party. 4 out of the 9 pools are covered, so the little ones could still play in the water with out the worry of getting sun burned.

The breakfast in the morning was a nice freebie. Typical continental with the exception of make your own waffles, plus eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and also hash brown.

We stayed in the South tower which is older than the the newer North tower, but we couldn't tell. Everything in the room was fine.

There is not a restaurant on site. That is really the only downfall. We didn't really need one, but would have been nice for a nice quick meal without having to leave the hotel.

Overall the hotel is great. There is a reason it is rated so high thru trip advisor. We would come back in a heart beat to this hotel. If you are looking for a family friendly hotel, good rates, and great customer service, then you won't be disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ineedt0travel
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This was our families first visit to Myrtle Beach, I picked this hotel from the ratings on Trip Advisor, and I am glad I did. I originally booked the Coral Beach but when I saw the reviews I canceled. What an unbelievable hotel, there is not one thing I can complain about. Check in was simple, the room was like new!! Not a speck of dirt, hair or sand, I came prepared with my own cleaning supplies (something I always do) I was speechless with how well kept the room was, I even called down to ask if it was a new room. The cleaning staff were on top of things, always right there when you needed them. The staff was kind and friendly and always had a nice word. The General Manager Tom Moore, was wonderful, my husband and I wanted to meet him personally to tell him how outstanding the hotel was, he was very appreciative. The free breakfast was delicious and there was plenty, they kept the buffet fully stocked. Plenty of seating and the lobby is decorated beautifully. We will be back next summer!!! We had the King Oceanfront Suite, the view was breathtaking!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family