“Great food at an unexpected place!”
Review of Mr. Fish

Mr. Fish
Ranked #60 of 906 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: USD 5 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 February 2012

If I hadn't read the reviews of Mr. Fish, I might have driven past it. Glad we didn't!!! We stopped in for lunch on a recent sunny Saturday afternoon. I'm not much of a seafood eater, so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to stand it since it's connected to the fish market. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The decor is very colorful with lots of art on the walls. My husband is an avid seafood lover, so he took some time trying to decide what to order. He decided on their soup of the day and grilled mahi mahi. He said it was one the best pieces of fish he's had. The soup was very good as well. I ordered a crab cake and have to say, it was delicious! I've only ordered crab cakes a handful of times, but this was the best. I actually ate the whole thing.

Next time we're in Myrtle Beach, we're definitely making a stop at Mr. Fish!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)

Reviewed 22 February 2012

My family and I had dinner at Mr. Fish. It is in a very unassuming spot with a small parking lot. The seating is a little cramped. But the food is great. We had crab dip and chips ... very good. We shared a large ceasar salad ... very good ... FRESH. We also had fried shrimp which was delicious. The fried flounder was out of this world. Possibly the best I have ever had. The french fries were fresh cut, but a touch greasy ... still good though. Even with all the great seafood we still found room to share a piece of strawberry cheesecake. The strawberries were fresh .... like everything else, and the cheesecake was outstanding. The portions for the price on the entrees were good, and the service was attentive. They got very busy about 6 or so ... with people still coming in.

I have been coming to Myrtle Beach for 40 years. The seafood buffet places have gotten more expensive with the food growing more and more terrible. We decided to try Mr. Fish based on the reviews we read, and we were not disappointed. We will certainly be eating here again and again. Looking forward to going back again.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Locally owened Mr Fish is one of the best seafood resturants anywhere. Great food, good service, great price. Just a store front in a small strip mall, but exeptional food.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Mr. Fish has gone uptown in the last year- no they have not moved but they have expanded as well as opened a retail outlet selling fresh fish and accompaniments.Gone are the days of plastic cutlery and a roll of paper towels on the tables. The atmosphere is relaxed - I feel comfortable in jeans or sport coat. The food is always good but the other night it was downright gourmet. My wife had the Boom Boom shrimp and the shrimp were firm with just the right amount of heat in the sauce. As an appetizer, I had fried oysters and they were freshly shucked and lightly fried. We both had grouper francaise on asparagus
risotto with a light lemon sauce . SUPERB!!! Also Mr. Fish has a decent win list and they are very generous with their pour.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We were here for lunch, the people were very friendly, even though it looks perhaps a little iffy from the street, it is not at all. A very clean restaurant, the food was excellent- had shrimp and fish of the day. We were so impressed, that later in the week, we went back for lunch again before we left the area.
lunch for 2 for around 20.00 and it was excellent all the way around. We would recommend everyone to try Mr. Fish!!

2  Thank 2togoohio