“Rude”

Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Owner was very rude. Let kids chase and hit birds among the tables. Very hard to enjoy a meal with kids running, yelling and birds flying up. Complained and was told he encourages it to keep birds away. Not enjoyable or relaxing.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Front Bar & Grill

Reviewed 10 August 2017

My wife and I had tried to have a meal at this restaurant, which is right on the Boardwalk, when we were in Myrtle Beach in February 2017 as the location is perfect. You can sit on the patio and see the ocean as well as watching pedestrians on the boardwalk. However, we were unsuccessful. We waited for over 15 minutes before deciding to leave as no one approached us in spite of our attempts to get a server.

We decided to give it another try for lunch because, again, we love the location. This was in August 2017 so it was summer vacation time.

Getting a server took a LONG time; we were worried that it would be a repeat of our previous attempt. I don't know why it took so long as the place wasn't that busy and there were a number of servers in view.

Finally, our server did arrive. Very friendly, cordial and informative re: item selection. I was personally disappointed that they didn't carry any of the local South Carolina beers.

The food was served quickly, it was hot and fresh. My wife and I are seafood lovers so I have the fish tacos (they use grouper) and my wife had the shrimp and flounder platter. Both meals were excellent! The shrimps were the large, white variety and both types of fish tasted excellent.

Once we got to relax after our initial anxiety, the ambience is great. Laughter all around, smiling people, people strolling by and the view of the ocean and beach on a hot, sunny day are unbeatable.

Yes, it is a bit pricey but this is a tourist location situated on the beach so the cost should not be a surprise but it was not unreasonable.

Would recommend this restaurant .... but hope that you get attended to more quickly than we did!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

While visiting the Boardwalk for first time we decided on lunch here. The service was fine ( Jason, I think), no issues with service. Food was prepared right and no complaints there either. As a family, we had burgers and some had fish all good. We did get onion rings and they were crispy, just not many of them for 4 people. Only complaint would be the bathroom door was disgustingly dirty, for a place that serves food they need to make sure everything is clean.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Stopped in for a late lunch, nice location, good view of boardwalk and ocean. Fried seafood was very good!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We made a trip to the beach at the last minute. After fighting traffic for 2 hours WE MADE IT! it was also 11PM. So we chose to try a new place. We stopped at Ocean Front Bar and Grill. I believe I HAD the tiki punch and the flounder with meme sauce poboy. My husand had the grouper sandwich. We also shared the fried pickles. Our waiter was Robert. SUPER friendly and informative! He recommended drinks and food for us. This place is not a 5 star restaurant but it is delicious! I know I enjoyed it! We came at night like I said so I'm sure the view would have been great during the day lol. Thank you Robert for all your recommendations and hospitality!!!