“Fresh Seafood”

The Wicked Tuna
Ranked #123 of 153 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Wicked Tuna, Murrells Inlet's premier waterfront dining experience! The Wicked Tuna is a place where friends meet for a unique culinary experience of handmade cocktails, the freshest seafood, steaks, and sushi, and the best views on the Marshwalk. "Hook to Plate" fresh every day seafood -- that's the Wicked Tuna way. Every week our fishing fleet heads out to the Atlantic ocean sourcing the freshest grouper, mahi mahi, sea bass, and snapper off the Carolina coast. Every fish we serve is caught local by our own boats and then cleaned and prepped on-site before it goes to the kitchen. From there, our master chefs prepare exciting culinary experiences matched only by our breathtaking views. Our obsession with fresh seafood, top-grade beef, and bold flavors shine through in our award-winning, signature cuisine. Our master sushi chefs prepare plates of delicately sliced fresh sashimi and artful and creative sushi rolls using the freshest fish available. Pair your dish with a selection from our exclusive wine and sake list and you have an evening to remember. We have created a unique culinary experience for you, incorporating innovative cuisine and excellent service from a one-of-a-kind, dedicated staff. We invite you to enjoy a truly exceptional dining experience where the environment is enchanting, the views exceptional, and the hospitality is impeccable. Come get wicked.
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Attractive modern building overlooking the inlet. Our seafood dishes were fresh and tasty especially the Grouper. Plenty of outdoor seating however the chairs are uncomfortable. Highly recommend for fresh seafood lovers.

TheWickedTuna, Public Relations Manager at The Wicked Tuna, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything while dining with us. We are sorry that you were uncomfortable in our chairs. We will be sure to take this feedback with the greatest consideration as we want you to enjoy your time and food with us comfortably. Please do come back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,691)

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We love this place as the food and views are truly stunning and the service is so good. I made a mistake with my order but I was made to feel it wasn't my fault. they couldn't be nicer or do any more for us. Food brilliant, what more can one say.

TheWickedTuna, Public Relations Manager at The Wicked Tuna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you for the great review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything while dining with us. We are happy to hear that we were able to help with any problems that you had in a professional manner. Please do come back again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

The best in the inlet to eat, hands down! The freshest sea food around. From sushi, fish,sevechi , the best great service. Real crowded but well worth the wait. Great drinks as well.

TheWickedTuna, Public Relations Manager at The Wicked Tuna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Robert,
Thank you for the great review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy everything while dining with us. Please do come back again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Set up a meeting at the "Tuna Shack", the outside gazebo style bar on the property specifically because I would have my dog with me and they advertised as being pet friendly.
It was a somewhat chilly day and there were clear tarps pulled down around the OUTDOOR bar, so I was happy when I saw the sign advertising that they were pet friendly.
That is, until I walked in with my dog and was informed that dogs are only allowed outside of the outside bar...
Huh?!
I can stand outside of any bar or restaurant with my dog - suggesting that that equivocates to being pet friendly because of a sign is nothing short of laughable.

Scnmore,
Thank you for the taking the time to review us and give us some feedback. We are indeed pet friendly at the Tuna Shak. You are able to have dogs at the outside tables surrounding the Tuna Shak not physically in the Tuna Shak building even when the traps are up, unless it is a service dog. We are sorry for the confusion. Please do come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

It was a bit chilly in the restaurant . the girl her seated us knew my concern and placed us right near a warmer. It did help but still a bit cool. The service was good and the food was excellent. I would go back again in warmer weather.

TheWickedTuna, Public Relations Manager at The Wicked Tuna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback. We are sorry that you were still a bit cold while dining with us but glad to see that our staff tried to accommodate you. We hope that you will come back and dine with us again soon.