New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Big name...but didn't totally deliver” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TPC of Myrtle Beach

TPC of Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Showcasing characteristic Low-Country water features and impressive course design, the Tournament Players Club of Myrtle Beach was developed by the PGA to be a tough tract suitable for tour play.
VA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Big name...but didn't totally deliver”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

Layout was pretty good but greens were super fast mostly because the grass was either dormant or dead. Hit and wait was the rule of the day as they packed people in. We had 3-4 groups jammed in to a couple of holes making pace of play disappointing. 18 hole was great however we had to play it in near dark as we waited on every shot. Par 3's were the highlight! Not the best golf value in Myrtle.

1 Thank TransplantedCandian

Westchester, NY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I expected a bit more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

I have never played any TPC courses and was excited to play here. This was also my bachelor party, so I have to go back without drinking the night before, but here's what I thought. I loved the layout of the course. It somewhat reminded me of Pinehurst plus the water, but that was 8-9 years ago and maybe I'm nuts. I expected the conditions to be better, but it was still in very good shape. The clubhouse is nice and the pro shop was decent but nothing to write home about. I would recommend and play again.

1 Thank Yfd888
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Total ripoff! 6 hour rounds”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

Almost 7 hour rounds. Slip members without tee times in front of paying public who was already backed up at starter. Fairways are denuded. No on course "advisors" to deal with slow play. Over priced. Other courses around much better value (True Blue). Since the PGA pulled from ownership, the current owners are killing the golden goose! I've played many other TPC courses. This was the worst. Tee time for 1:20. Teed off at 1:45. Finished at 8:20! So much for re-play!

3 Thank BryanAmann
South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“TPC of Myrtle Beach - total rip off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2007

Totally overpriced! The PGA no longer operates this course and it shows. The greens are in horrible shape, but they don't mention it at the pro shop. The price for greens fees and range balls is ridiculous. They also rip off their members worse than the day players. The pro shop is nothing more than a shirt shop.
Don't waste your money.