“Elegant American food”
Review of Tavern and Table

Tavern and Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern and Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 371 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We came for an early dinner, the food was delicious and portions were hearty. The staff was nice, but it felt ungenuine. I'd go again for the food and atmosphere though. The outdoor seating was nice. They got a 4 for the food and atmosphere. I can't fault a business for a staff member's bad day.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

A couple of days after touring Downtown Charleston, SC, my wife and I decided to escape the hustle bustle of the peninsula and drove on to Shem Creek in Mount Pleasant. Some friends had recommended Tavern and Table as an excellent option and also for the ease of parking.
Very often before or after the meal, I like to visit the bathrooms, it's often an indication of the overall quality of the management. It's also when it's not perfect the last detail you remember from that eatery. I am happy to report that the facilities at Tavern and Table are impeccably kept and maintained.Well done Mr.GM!
Regarding our meal, it was delicious and very professionally served. My wife started with the Crab and Artichoke dip which she claimed was delicious and really "crabby" served with war toasted pita wedges. I ordered theSkillet of Cornbread, not sure why I ordered that particular item, although very nice, in my opinion it would be better as a Brunch item. Then my wife had the Ahi Tuna Toast which she really enjoyed, the tuna was sushi grade and served rare topped with local radishes I believe on top of a thick all-grain rustic bread. For my part I ordered the BeefBrisket Grilled Cheese. It was incredibly tender and rewarding, with the melted cheese the sautéed onions and served with homemade frites. Again, the atmosphere is "Bon Chic Bon Genre" the place is huge, well kept and professionally run. We will return for dinner next time.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We gave her the choice and she chose Tavern & Table. We’ve been before and we’re not impressed. The building is lovely and the view is fantastic. We were seated promptly and our gum chewing waitress was very attentive and friendly. I kept wanting to tell her to lose the gum.
The appetizers were good. We had shrimp and skillet cornbread which was good but not warm enough to melt the butter on top. My wife had a blah chicken sandwich. I had a good brisket cheese sandwich and my daughter had a very good beet salad.
Maybe the worst though was the loud music, way to much base and rap music with inappropriate lyrics. Not the music for the demographic that was there.
Probably won’t go back.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Stopped in with a group of girl's for my sister's bachelorette party to grab lunch. This was our first stop after arriving in Charleston for a long weekend, and it didn't disappoint! My sister and I shared a flatbread and it was delicious. We also started with the pimento cheese and bacon jam app and it was out of this world.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped by to make reservations but the reserved tables were booked until 9. However, we were able to get in fairly quickly for the non-reservable tables and got a waterfront spot! We started with a yummy cheese tray appetizer. I had the Shrimp and grits which was amazing! Nice place that we hope to return to on our next trip!