“Bummed this place didn't live up to the hype...”

Burtons Grill & Bar
Ranked #13 of 361 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Upscale Dining in a Casual Environment. Gluten Free, Vegetarian, and Children's menus available. Happy Hour daily from 4 pm to 7 pm.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was really pumped to visit this restaurant after reading reviews here, Google, and on Allergy Eats. We all have food allergies and it sounded like this was the place to go near Charleston. I have to say we were a bit disappointed. While the meal started off pretty well and the manager Ryan was very attentive to our allergy needs we ended up having to wait a little over an hour to get our food. There was a bit of trouble apparently getting separate oil ready for our French fries. It took so long our meats were brought out about 10-15 mins ahead of the fries. My three small kids were all complaining they were very hungry by the time we could eat. Our server Tim virtually disappeared after the food came. Ryan was more attentive diluting the meal than Tim was. We had to ask multiple times for drink refills with empty cups on the table. I sent my family to the car when ready for the check and sure enough another 10 minute wait just to get the check. For more than $70 I expected a lot better. I wanted so much to like the place but my family and I came away sorely disappointed. Super bummed that this place just didn't live up to the hype...

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This is not the best venue in the Low Country but it is very good, consistent and high quality. The prices are consistent with the food quality to provide a great value proposition. The daily specials are creative and take advantage of locally sourced foods. Try it; you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am celiac and I LOVE going to Burton’s. Anything you crave as a gluten free eater, you can have here. They have a separate menu, dedicated fryers, gluten free bread and rolls. It’s amazing and all tastes GREAT!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We hosted our son and to-be daughter-in-law’s rehearsal dinner at Burtons on Thursday evening. Everything was perfect! Our leader waiter, Brian T. was totally accommodating to our needs - attentive, friendly and very professional. The food was delicious. As we are from out of state, all the arrangements were made by phone or e-mail and couldn’t have been easier. We received a follow-up from Burtons as the date neared, so we knew we were in good hands! We had 25 people and the room was the perfect size for the event - private but accessible and welcoming. I would highly recommend Burtons for such an event.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Nice restaurant with outdoor seating. Fairly expensive compared to other similar restaurants, but you can get a less expensive lunch sized portion for some entrees. The Caesar salad was inedible for me—had to send it back because the garlic was so over-powering. However, the Mediterranean risotto was out of this world. Husband had short rib grilled cheese with rosemary fries, and enjoyed it. Service was good.