“Take time to listen to the Gullah Culture Speaker”

Boone Hall Plantation
More attraction details
Owner description: Working plantation with true southern charm. Features world famous avenue of oaks, 9 original slave cabins, butterfly garden, and a colonial revival style 1936 mansion. Tours and theatrical performances offered daily. Used in the filming of North and South, Queen, the Tempest, and The Notebook.
Reviewed 13 November 2018

My mom and I loved our visit, we especially loved the speaker who talked about the Gullah and slave culture on the plantation. It was very informative and she was very passionate about her culture. This was no additional charge and something all our young people should know about. The gardens are beautiful and we enjoyed our stroll thru them. I wish you could see more of the house, you only really get to see 3 rooms. The tractor ride around the plantation was also great and very educational!

1  Thank melissatipton0515
Write a ReviewReviews (3,542)
All reviews
in 46 reviews
"cotton dock"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

I’m a huge North & South fan, so I was really excited for this tour. When touring the mansion, you only get to see two rooms. You had to sign up for any guided tours of the estate, which had wait times of an hour. Although it was only $24; I was still pretty disappointed. My expectations may have been set to high.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

Superb residence and fun guide to show us around. The gardens are magnificent and looking at the few lovely horses was lovely. The best part though was to attend the one-woman show with this lady singing and telling us all about the past, her ancestors and life as a slave. She was amazing, what a voice and personality. We also took a wagon ride through the back of the property, fun to see how community-minded they are as there were many decorations ready for Hallowe'en.

1  Thank Lilly062
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

I visited the Plantation when I attended the Scottish Highland Games. I could not believe how big the grounds are. Everything was well organized and easy to access. When we left we saw all the things they had hanging for Halloween. I'll bet that was a lot of fun at night to drive through. I plan to go back sometime to visit the house.

1  Thank BF61