“Owners, Norton & Lynn Hughes are real people, passionate about the food they serve.”
Review of Shulers Barbecue

Shulers Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Latta
Price range: USD 5 - USD 13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Casual, self serve buffet in a log cabin located on a pondOperating hours are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Lunch Buffet: 11:30-2:30Dinner Buffet: 4:30-9:00Cash or Checks only - No debit or credit cards please.
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Our trip to Shuler's Bar-B-Que was on our bucket list of places to see as we traveled from Central Illinois to The Villages in FL. We arrived around 4:30 p.m. on a Saturday evening. The staff greeted us warmly right from the beginning. We tried as much of the southern comfort foods as possible on their delicious buffet. Staff members brought our drinks & kept them refilled. Many foods we were unfamiliar with but tried anyway. We were not disappointed with anything. The Bar-B-Que was mildly enhanced with smoke & a slightly tangy vinegar flavor. Not too sweet or too hot. The fried chicken was some of the juiciest ever with an amazing crusty skin.After finishing our main meal, we took a trip to the dessert bar. Very nice experience. When we were getting ready to visit the General Store, I actually ran into Norton Hughes, one 1/2 of the owners. I somewhat reservedly asked if I might get my picture taken with him, if he had the time. He could not have been more gracious. After another diner took a few pics of the 2 of us, I asked if he would mind if I called my wife, who was already in the General Store. Enthusiastically, he said his wife was also over there & I should follow him. We did get together with all four of us conversing for about 20 minutes. These 2 owners are real people, proud of their restaurant & excited to share stories & field questions about the operation. It's a little out of the way to get here, but you will return for the food as well as the true southern charm.

1  Thank ChanceDevereaux

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Eating at Schuler’s BBQ on our way back to NJ has become an amazing annual event! Amazing food, great atmosphere and a friendly staff. The owners, Mr and Mrs Hughes, are amazing and their BBQ is the best we have ever had!

Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

We so enjoyed talking with you and your family. We are looking forward to next year s visit.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

It's a neat setup. Something like a cross between NC Barbecue and cracker barrel. The buffet has so the typical dishes- creamed potato's, collard greens, green beans, butter beans, barbecue, fried chicken and corn bread. I preferred the fried chicken over the Barbecue just because I grew up in NC And am very particular. The bbq is fine but the chicken is better. I'd definitely stop there again passing through.

Norton H, Owner at Shulers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you. We do look forward to you stopping again. Hopefully you can make it after 4 to try our ribs and BBQ chicken.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I have never had deep fried corn on the cob - it is incredible! The sweet potato casserole was absolutely yummy - their silver dollar bread was just right and delicious. The Bakery next door has to die for sweets. Their gift show is huge and has a lot of really neat things.

1  Thank marykatherine2016
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Visit here at least once every couple of months. The food is down home and delicious. The roasted corn on the cob is to die for. It is just a few miles off I-95. We’ll worth the visit.

1  Thank Robert I

Been to Shulers Barbecue? Share your experiences!