“Best food on the Island”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Price range: USD 8 - USD 28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Every time we visit Sullivan Island we make ACME Low County Kitchen our regular place. Breakfast,lunch and dinners. They never disappoint.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,627)

Reviewed 15 November 2017

While turning around to leave the Isle of Palms we passed Acme and decided to check it out. Really glad that we did. I enjoyed a fresh local catch serving of Swordfish blackened served with Creole Roumalade, fried Brussel Sprouts and creamy course mashed potatoes all seasoned to perfection. My wife really enjoyed a special of Pecan crusted Amberjack over Pineapple Coconut grits served with fried Brussel Sprouts. My daughter stayed with the classic blackened Salmon, wonderfully fresh, side of Creole Roumalade and lowcountry Collard Greens. Look forward to a return trip soon so I can order my own order of Pina Colada grits as we where referring to them at the end of our meal.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This place is great. Very low key and relaxed atmosphere. Service is spot on. Awesome food! Hands down the best food on IOP.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Husband wanted shrimp and grits before we left for home so we decided to visit Isle of Palms and this restaurant. Started off with an alcoholic drink with OJ in it, very good. Husband had the Whistlestop shrimp and grits and he loved it. I had the Island Toast which I was a little disappointed in, nothing really special. Still glad we stopped here, though. Watch for Olive the cat, she and her relatives have a nice history there and we were lucky enough to have her grace us with her presence!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Fell in love with the place as soon as we arrived for breakfast. It’s a nice laid back atmosphere and the sweet cat that greeted us on the porch was so cute! We only had a few minutes wait and were seated on the big screened in porch. Our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable. I had the Senator Holling’s Big Breakfast requesting my eggs scrambled with cheddar cheese. Bacon was good and crispy, potatoes delicious and the bread was to die for! My husband had the Biscuit and Gravy and was not disappointed. We received plenty of food and the prices are reasonable. We both left very satisfied and with acdoggie bag. My only complaint was that I didn’t get to go back and try Dinner...for sure next visit!