“Nice Restaurant in Wild Dunes”
Review of The Lettered Olive

The Lettered Olive
Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Isle of Palms
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2014

The owner operator of Wild Dunes does a great job with Sea Island Grill but cannot get it right with the Lettered Olive. Is ok and occasionally we go there because we own in the resort. All meals are ok nothing is great

Reviewed 22 September 2014

We decided to order food from here because we had a long day in Charleston and it was raining, so we didn't want to leave the resort. I called and ordered it to go And was told 30 mins for two cheeseburgers, one buffalo chicken pizza, and two lettuce wedges (FYI it is like a half of a wedge). When I got there it was ready and everyone I dealt with were very nice and accommodating to my needs, ie extra condiments for the burgers. For the price I thought it was just ok for a Resort!

Reviewed 22 September 2014

A group of us ate here with our kids for a late meal/snack. My wife and I ordered the pulled pork nachos and chicken wings. The nachos where typical of what you would receive at a football game. The cheese had the taste and consistency of Stouffer's Welsh Rarebit (which I suspect it was) and the amount of pork was meager. I did not have any of the wings. But the next morning, both my wife and I felt rather ill and the nachos were the ONLY thing we shared all weekend.
I rated this 2 instead of one because in general it was an average hotel restaurant/bar with sports on TV etc., but they lose a star for making us sick.

Reviewed 22 September 2014 via mobile

8 of us out for a fun weekend getaway at Wild Dunes. We arrived late so we decided to just grab a few beers and burgers at the resort. This proved to be a huge mistake. There was nothing good about this experience. Horrible food, and some of the worst service I've ever seen. We arrived around 9:00, so the big dinner wave was over.

First off, none of our food was right. Half of our groups food was delivered to another table. The other party just grabbed it because they were waiting and their order was all screwed up. We had food delivered that we didn't order, and were encouraged to just accept it by the wait staff.

The worst was when the bill came and it was also wrong. We were billed for food we didn't order. Brought it up to the head guy and he said just figure out. He justified it by saying he didn't charge us for a few beers. He made no effort to fix it. Excuse me? Another party asked for the check and the bar staff said they lost the ticket. They were told to just forget it and leave. No manager around that we could see, and the staff is just ripping off the resort.

I wouldn't normally write this type of review except this is a fine resort and F&B is your only business.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

We are residents of Wild Dunes and decided to take our family to The Lettered Olive during their Labor Day visit. We had been pleased with our dining experience there in previous years and looked forward to a nice evening. The restaurant is only open seasonally, closing after the holiday weekend. From our experience this visit, they seemed to already have declared season over. We arrived at 7:00 but it was close to 8:00 before appetizers arrived...no fault of the waiter who was working hard. There was no "dipping" the Spinach and Artichoke Dip; it was served in an iron skillet left in the oven until baked dry. Fish tacos came to the table cold and tasteless...small amount of fish, avocado sauce...that was it! Short ribs that should be fall off the bone tender were dry and charred. Fish and Chips: the fries were good, the batter on the fish was almost burned. Of the seven meals, the crab cake appetizer and shrimp and grits were good, the dip and ribs were inedible, the rest just was not enjoyable. Obviously the kitchen was understaffed or inexperienced, yet the management never approached our table to offer an explanation for the delays or inquire as to our satisfaction with the food. While our waiter did adjust the bill for the dip and ribs after it was sent back, we still spent over $200 for a very unsatisfactory dining experience. The Lettered Olive receives a F on our scorecard.