“Good location, property has many convenient...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Palatine
“Large Condo Resort”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Our holiday week end stay was very comfortable at this resort once we got the unit AC repaired. Owner was spot on in getting repair done quickly & efficiently. Resort felt very safe; deadbolts on the doors, security patrolling the grounds, gated entrance. Kitchen had a very generous supply of dishes/utensils, appliances etc. Ample towels, nice toiletries, iron and hairdryer were included in the rental; even beach chairs in the closet. Pool was close to our building and has a gift shop, snack bar (including breakfast) and a cocktail bar which was incredibly convenient. Despite the holiday week end, pool had sufficient lounge chairs any time of day. A few things need mentioning; luggage carts are at a premium and are difficult to acquire. "Ocean Front" is somewhat misleading considering the resort is set well back from the beach/shore and only accessible via a very nice boardwalk over a tidal marshy area. However the resort has a shuttle that runs from the resort to the beach via the boardwalk continuously throughout the day. We preferred walking the boardwalk just for the added exercise. There is also a restaurant bar at the end of the boardwalk on the beach, again incredibly convenient, although much pricier than the pool snack bar. Although we ate all our meals out, there is also a very nice picnic area with tables and grills for outdoor cooking. This rental was an exceptional value on Hilton Head island considering we shared it with another couple; not "high end", but clean, safe, comfortable and close enough to the beach if you don't mind walking.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Value on the rental
Liked least: Resort was not
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Erica K
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Good location, property has many convenient amenities.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

We arrived ten minutes prior to check-in and condo was still a mess from previous guests. I was unsure if bc we were coming in on Easter we should expect it to be cleaned, I called and left a voicemail for the owner. I received no response, but a cleaning crew showed up a few after check-in anyway.

Otherwise we were happy with our stay, the property is in a good location. Many stores and restaurants in close distance, especially for biking, which is big on the island. It is a hike to the beach across the boardwalk but it was not an issue for us, it was a pleasant walk.

The condo itself is in good shape with plenty of space for our family of three. It has most everything you might need while on vacation, a great convenience when roadtriping. I would recommend this property for these reasons and it's reasonable price.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
27 Apr 2014
My apologies, I was traveling and I didn't get that message until late that evening. At that point I contacted the cleaning company and they assured me that the unit was cleaned before check-in time. After further investigation I discovered they had the check-in time as 4 pm rather than 3 pm. I apologize that the room was not clean upon arrival. I hope you enjoyed the amenities at the resort while you were waiting and glad that you enjoyed your stay.
charleston sc

A romantic getaway Older travelers
22 Apr 2014
Thanks for your review and I look forward to having you return.
Virginia

People with disabilities Older travelers
22 Apr 2014
Sorry that the weather wasn't the best for your stay but happy to hear that you made the best of it with bargain hunting. There are some treasures to be found on the island.
TN

22 Apr 2014
Thanks Kevin, I look forward to having you and your family return.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing