All reviews bunk beds coligny plaza grocery store an older resort been coming for years one bedroom unit shower head laundry room maintenance staff hot tub hilton head island short walk to the beach tennis courts beach towels rent bikes ocean front full kitchen
Reviewed 13 June 2017

This is an older complex, dated. Roaches in pantry. The second bedroom was a bed in the hallway. We left after 3 days. The only good thing is close to beach and central to restaurants and some shopping

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Stayed here as an RCI timeshare exchange for two weeks. Great accommodating staff,3 great pools,1 saltwater heated pool..nice rooms, had 2 bedroom 2.5 baths, nice clean rooms,all the bells and whistles to cook yourself or eat out just 100 steps away at the shopping Plaza with any type of restaurant you could want.. Beach short walk very nice. Bring your own beach towels , chairs and umbrella.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Booking Sea Crest Surf and Racquet Club was the most investigative experience out of all trips that I've planned to date. I wanted to write a review to effectively help others make an informed decision on booking here. I booked the unit as an exchange through RCI. The moment that I booked the unit I didn't know much about the resort beyond the fact that I had a sleep 8 (sleep 6 private) unit and it was within walking distance to the beach. After reading a large number of reviews, some positive and many negative, I became extremely nervous about what we'd be walking into. My biggest concern was the cleanliness of the unit and I'll say first off that there were no concerns after we checked in about it being clean. The unit was well clean. While I had read in other reviews that they had experiences with dirty units, in our unit there were NO dust accumulations in corners, the carpets were clean; I had NO concerns with walking barefoot throughout the unit, the dishes in the cabinets were clean. The unit was clean.

People in other reviews also complained about the staff. I had no issues with the staff. The lady at the check in desk was pleasant and answered questions that I had. Our only issue wen we arrived in our unit was the trash under the sink hadn't been dumped.

It isn't easily noticeable when you arrive that its an older resort, but the design and configuration of the rooms makes it noticeable. The entrance to the 2 bedroom is a long hallway that is dimly lit, with a low ceiling, so it feels like a cave. There is also a step up and step down floor design in the kitchen (my little 3 yr old loved jumping off the step). I believe that smoking outdoors is permissible on the property so I could sense a smell of smoke walking around the property. The rooms have a scent of incense or some other scent possibly from them trying to cover the scent of smoke. There are no washer/dryers in the rooms, but there is a washroom with coin operating machines ($1.50 per wash).

The layout of the building is like a hotel with open air walkways (I did notice empty beer cans in the open air foyers on the ground that hadn't been cleaned up). The entryway door to each room faces inward to the open air walkways, so when people walk by, check in and out of their rooms, talk, etc., you can hear the noise easily in the bedrooms.

The only aspect of this resort that would deter my family from returning is the fact that the resort itself does not have a home-like layout and feel & the rooms are dimly lit. We are attracted to resorts that feel like a home and this resort feels more like a hotel/short stay location. If we were in the situation that we couldn't find anywhere else to stay on the island, we'd have no problem with returning.

Here is a summary of the pros and cons of Sea Crest Surf & Racquet Club.

Pros:
- fantastic location, less than 3 minute walk to the beach and directly across the beach from Coligny (shopping, restaurants, grocery store, ice cream, etc.)
- access to a 3rd pool across the street at Sea Crest. This pool is great with a pool bar. Pool Bar Jim is now at this pool bar. Great fresh fruit drinks. Another benefit is if you're at the beach with little ones and need a bathroom, you can access the restrooms with your access code at this Sea Crest pool.
- Roomy 2 bedroom with 2 1/2 bathrooms

Cons:
- Older resort, building is older
- Rooms are dimly lit, makes for a dark/tunnel like feel when you walk in
- Noisey hallways can be distracting at times
- Rooms have an incense smell

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank BlessdToTravel
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

The family has been going here for years. We love the close proximity to the beach, Coligny, and the bike trails keep you close to everything else. The club has received a few recent upgrades which were very much needed.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephenie J
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

The Seacrest Surf & Racquet Club turned out to be a wonderful part of our vacation on Hilton Head Island. Our one bedroom unit had more than enough space-in fact the living room/kitchen area was a big as any resort we have stayed at on the island. The living room wasn't crowded with too much furniture as in most places. Fresh paint jobs, new carpeting, granite countertops- way more than we expected. The location is incredible. Shopping is across the street at Coligny Plaza. We also had access to three pools, one of which is at the ocean, which gave us the option of "clean" swimming or taking the five minute walk to the famous Coligny Beach. Either way, you'll get all the sun and swimming you could ever want.

As a family that vacations every year on Hilton Head Island, I can say we have not stayed at a better place when you factor in size, location, cleanliness and convenience. We have stayed at the top end resorts in years past, but will not bother with them again. The Sea Crest is everything we want and need in a resort-we will be back next year.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family