“Great Time!”

Cool Cat Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Cool Cat offers 6 and 8 hour nearshore and deep sea fishing trips out of Hilton Head Harbor. Fish Aboard a 2008 29ft Twin Vee Cat Boat With Twin 300 Suzukis...SPEED & COMFORT! Catch King Mackerel, Tuna, Shark, Barracuda, Wahoo, Dolphin, Grouper, Snapper and much more. Dolphin sightings are an everyday event on the way out to catch fish.
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Capt. Chris did a great job out on the water with myself and my two young sons. He was always busy making sure the lines had bait on them and in the water. He helped out when needed and did a great job of letting us try things out as well. He went to 3 spots in total and even went 40 minutes over time to try to catch a bigger shark. We caught around 12 fish/shark and two monster sting ray. My kids can't stop talking about how much fun they had!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My husband, teenage son, and I spent a morning fishing with Captain Chris and had a blast! The fishing conditions were initially challenging, but that didn't deter Chris. He entertained us with stories and adventures while we moved to different locations where the fish were more plentiful. My son was thrilled with the Bonnethead sharks that he caught! Chris was very professional, well prepared and patient with the more novice members of our group (me!). He is knowledgeable about the area and provided us with good information about local restaurants and events. We will definitely look forward to fishing with Chris on our next trip to Hilton Head.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Had an awesome time! The boat was great and we caught many fish. We went
with my wife and three kids and we all loved it. Would highly recommend!!

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I had never done a fishing charter before, and so I didn't know exactly what to expect. But, whatever my expectations could have been, they were exceeded. First, Captain Chris is just a really good guy. Smart, nuanced, funny, and extraordinarily helpful. My friend and I had our 4 boys there, and Chris was very patient with them as he helped them reel in various kinds of fish. Both my son and my friend's son caught small sharks! Chris answered all of our questions about fishing in the area, the different types of fish, how to fish them, etc. The boat is very clean and safe, which should of course go without saying. And, we caught some great stuff...the highlight being the first King Mackerel in Hilton Head of the season. I can't recommend Chris and Cool Cat enough.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

I was very fortunate to to arrange a fishing charter with Captain Chris aka Bubba !! I was calling several charters and hearing they were all booked and leaving messages with everyone (because we decided to try to book a charter for the next morning). Crazy I know but luck was on our side. Captain Chris had a last minute cancelation and kindly called me back at night and my family of 4 were on his boat the next morning. He was very friendly and very kind to my kids (age 4 & 8) . My little girl was a bit nervous going out on the water but in the end she was a good trooper. My 8yr old son loved every moment of the charter. He quickly caught his first shark under the careful guidance of Capt. Chris. My husband caught a shark too but my son was the winner with 5 catches .....or so we thought !! Within the last hour we had hooked something that took off like crazy!! Too strong for my son to reel in so my husband took the line and HOLY COW !!!! Off in the distance a HUGE TARPON JUMPED OUT OF THE WATER !!!! Captain Chris was amazed. He said this was his first tarpon on a charter. I must say he was giddy and excited and laughed with my daughter when she told him this was a 2 glove job. A neighboring charter was anchored near by and watched in amazement while my husband reeled her in for over 20 minutes. Captain Chris guided my husband every second. He said, "good thing you know what your doing and your listening to direction because I wouldn't hesitate yelling at you!" LOL !!! After a long struggle and burning arms, she finally was pulled aboard. WOW !!!!!! Unbelievable she was!!! My family was so happy and proud of daddy. Capt. Chris said grab my phone and I quickly took pics with his and my phone. After the pics, he made sure she was okay and breathing well before she swam off. "Over a buck and quarter" said Capt. Chris. We came back to land and all of us were smiling like crazy. What an incredible time that morning was and we added some wonderful memories.
THANK YOU SO MUCH CAPTIAN CHRIS !!!!!!

2  Thank Sophie L