“Lots of ginger, ginger, ginger. I'm a big fan of ginger.”
Review of Ruan Thai

Ruan Thai
Ranked #76 of 398 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: USD 12 - USD 26
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2018

On vacation in Hilton Head Island, we saw this restaurant tucked in a nice shopping complex visible from the Wm Hilton Pkwy. The restaurant was clean, fresh looking with very attentive staff. They were quick to bring anything we needed or ordered.

It was lunch and the lunch menu offered a pared down version of a very large menu with a wide array of very delicious looking entrees. I chose the Ginger stir fried beef which came with jasmine rice and a very heavy portion of fresh ginger that had been shredded in short lengths versus sliced, etc. The ginger was very fresh with a small bite. I couldn't get enough of the ginger. The other vegetables were cooked perfect and the beef was sliced thin and not over-cooked, making it delicious. My lunchmate had Garlic stir fried tofu and the tofu was cooked just right, not fried too much and the vegetables perfect again. We will go back. We recommend.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Can't believe we have missed this treat all these years. The food is excellent, the staff is friendly, courteous and competent. On arrival, they were standing together awaiting the guests and had nice, clean black outfits. Our server was Nica and she was great. The food is outstanding. I had a Thai seafood dish that had scallops, shrimp, mussels and fish with vegetables served in a split coconut with really good sticky rice. My wife had the Lobster Pad Thai and was extremely pleased.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We reserved a table for 6 and it was ready when we went. Staff greeted with a welcome and gave the nice food options, recommending appetizers to our taste and confirming what we like would be good.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We are vacationing on Hilton Head Island when we decided to go to Ruan Thai for my birthday dinner. The food was terrific, with a very large selection of delicious Thai dishes. Their were six in our party, three couples, and each couple wanted separate checks. When the checks arrived,much to our dismay, we were all charged a tip of 18% added to the checks. There also was a separate tip line on the receipt copy that could easily have been added without realizing that they had already included the tip in the bill.When we complained, we were told that this was the restaurants policy and nothing could be done about it. Beyond this the service was very slow that evening. While the food was fantastic, I doubt I will return to this restaurant.

1  Thank FJMUTO
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Visited Ruan Thai again after a year, and the experience was still excellent. Went on a Saturday night - made reservations, and glad we did. The restaurant isn't all that large, and it was packed. Good service and great food. My wife had sweet and sour shrimp ("Delicious") and I had shrimp pad thai. Both were delicious. Very glad this little gem is available on Hilton Head!