Open today: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Walterboro
Don't pass this up

nyintell
South Carolina

All reviews rented bikes palmetto dunes surf lessons captain stacy beach chairs bikes were delivered general store in great condition staff was friendly next year kayak trip bike riding these guys island route byron equipment
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I never kayaked before, but it was easy. The staff was great and helped get in an out. The loop through the lagoons was so beautiful. We had the best weather. Thanks so much!!! Hopefully we will be back that way again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't even bother with anyone else. This place is THE BEST. Ask for Captain Trent. While others are trying to catch fish, Trent is putting you in the best situation to bring them in. When NO ONE else was catching anything, we caught SEVERAL!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My 9yr old daughter and I rented bikes while staying at Captians Walk. We got them for half a day, which was from
10am (when we got there) until 5 that evening. Perfect! We rode to a neighboring beach and then rode around and loved every bit of it! Cost was great and so was the service! We will use them again!!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

My boys (13 and 8) and I decided to take a 3 hour fishing trip during an afternoon in July. Yes, it was HOT. No, the fish weren't biting much. However, we still had a great time. The Palmetto Dunes canals and lagoons are beautiful. Captain Stacy was a lot of fun, knowledgeable, and patient. "Chill" is probably a good word to describe his demeanor. He is also very knowledgeable about the wildlife which my boys and I love. My 13 year old did catch two good size sea trout, so the fishing wasn't a total bust. A afternoon fishing beats a good day at work, right?

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

The fishing trip with Stacey was great! He was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Stacey has a soft spot for the local wildlife and has befriended some Blue Herons. I would totally recommend fishing with Stacey.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Price schedule delivery and service. The ability to order bikes online at a good price and delivery as smooth as you could ask for. Definitely a great choice. Use them

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I did a private surf lesson with my 2 best friends. We are all 13 and knew we would love surfing. We had an AMAZING time catching plenty of waves and just talking to Mr.Gnarley. If we could we would have surfed EVERYDAY of our trip. Everyone should try surfing at The Outfitters for a fun, comfortable, and gnarly time!

1  Thank Taylor S
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Me and two of my friends (all 13) did a private surf lesson. We had so much fun!! Mr Gnarly made it easy for us to surf, even though we all had SOME experience. We all did pretty well and had a ton of fun!! We are going back next summer!

1  Thank kellytolannn
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I did a private lesson with my friends and we had an amazing time. Our instructor, Art, or Mr. Gnarly was the best surf instructor ever. We had so much fun and i would recommend going to him if you are want to learn to surf. It was definitely the highlight of our trip

1  Thank livmurph18
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

“Surf Dog” Captain Byron and crew were incredible. From a pre-session yoga warm up and lesson on etiquette and nature conservation to the surf instruction itself, this class can’t be beat. Our favorite part was how the kids were taught that surfing is about having fun and enjoying nature. That set the tone for an hour and a half of pure joy. The kids end the class with fresh watermelon and reggae on the beach. Our son George came away feeling confident and excited about his new skill, as he surfed dozens of waves on his first try. We parents are here from Malibu and have surfed all over the world and can say that this program is first in class.