“Wonderful Southern Cooking”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were traveling north from Florida and had just pulled off I-95 after 8 hours on the road. Having checked into our hotel we anticipated just breaking out some items brought from home to eat in and crash for the night. BUT, then I made the pleasant mistake of deciding to Google area restaurants just for the heck of it. The reviews for Gwen & Franny's "screamed": eat here and now! Hardeeville has limited offerings but this spot is truly worth a visit. How could we pass through the south without some real southern cooking?? Gwen & Franny's fit the bill and then some. As others have professed, the fried chicken is wonderful. The mac & cheese was equally so. An accompanying order of mashed potatoes with gravy was delicious too. And I made sure to top it all off with some peach cobbler. It did nothing positive for my chloesterol level...but, who the heck cared...it was truly a memorable local southern cooking meal!!

1  Thank esleep

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

If you want beer or wine or white tablecloths go somewhere else. But if you want well cooked food then try Gwen & Franny’s.
Had the BBQ ribs with crinkle fries and slaw. All very hot and tasty. Also enjoyed the peach cobbler.
You can place a phone order and pick it up, as there are only about six tables to eat in at. That way you can provide your own adult beverage.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Friendly folks, mighty-fine chicken and ribs. We stopped for lunch and this place did not disappoint.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

If you want a taste of REAL fried chicken come here. It’s a small restaurant with very few tables and delicious, mouth watering Southern food. Walk in, check out the menu on the wall, go to the window and order your food. You won’t be disappointed with anything you order. Don’t be taken back by the look of the place. Sit down, wait for your food to be brought to your table, dig in and enjoy. Reasonably priced and tasty. Can’t ask for anything else.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stopped here for dinner because it was highly recommended. It deserves it's 5 star rating! I was with my sister, 14 yr old nephew and 10 year old niece. The portions were huge, certainly by Canadian standards.
The food was hot, the chicken was moist and delicious. My niece had the fried shrimp with the mac and cheese and she said it was "super yummy". I had the chicken breast with baked beans and cornbread as did my sister. The cornbread was incredible and the baked beans were amazing. My nephew had the two piece chicken dinner, the gravy was "different" to what he was used to, however still enjoyed his dinner immensely. I would highly recommend this place!! Very reasonably priced as well.