“Southern fried chicken”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 8 April 2018

New southern fried chicken was very good and fresh cooked. Mac & Cheese was not very warm and didn't test fresh. Broccoli casserole was good. Would eat the chicken again, but request another side if sides didn't come fresh. Onion rings were fresh and Delicious..

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We have been going to this Fatz for years and took family members from out of town there tonight. What a disappointment it was. They have made changes and not for the better. We always order their signature calabash chicken and split it. (No way one of us could eat 8 chicken tenders). For years they split the plate in the kitchen and it came out with 1/2 a salad each, half a baked potato and 4 chicken tenders on each plate. Perfect. It also came with honey mustard for dipping. They no longer will split it in the kitchen and don't even bring an extra plate unless you ask for it. They have replaced the honey mustard with "Fatz sauce" which we don't care for. We asked for honey mustard when we ordered but it still came out with Fatz sauce. We had to ask again. They also seem to have stopped putting bacon in their salads. Maybe others like the changes but we found them very disappointing. My husband and I agreed we don't really care about going back.

1  Thank Tuckersnana
Reviewed 27 February 2018

My family has been to Fatz of Greer many, many times over the years. We've generally come to expect decent (but not spectacular) food and acceptably good service. However, our recent visit was well below even modest expectations.

We groaned when we pulled into the parking lot, because we could see a tour bus off to the side. With reluctance, we went on inside and only had to wait about five minutes for a table. However, it took a very long time to get our drinks, so we knew we'd perhaps made a bad choice in not turning around and going elsewhere. Right after the drinks came, we were treated to an unfortunate experience that we've never had in a restaurant anywhere before -- when the traditional rolls were brought out (which are much smaller and generally different than they used to be), we discovered that two of the four plates under our basket had already been used. I don't mean these plates were in a condition that they might have been mistaken for clean either -- they were covered in poppy seeds and thick globs of butter, and one of them even had a pile of straw wrappers on top. Gross. The rolls were also cold, leaving me to wonder whether they'd been on someone else's table as well.

Although the food took a very long time to arrive (I estimate around 45 minutes), most of my family was generally satisfied with their entrees. However, I ordered off the special menu, and was not pleased with anything on my plate. All three items were WAY oversalted, and the plate was originally brought to me missing one of the items listed on the menu. In addition, all of the items on the plate were either lukewarm or cold upon arrival. We also ended up having items we didn't order added to our bill, which happened even after the large group had already left the restaurant.

As I said, we usually don't have any complaints about Fatz, so I'm hoping this is an isolated experience. However, I did feel compelled to comment in this instance, because of the dirty plates served along with the bread. That experience definitely left me wondering whether I'll ever want to make a return visit.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Great Food and Service!!
Give you good portions & friendly!
Palmetto Dip is Great...as is the Fish ,with the Most Awesome Tarter Sauce Ever!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Wow, lots of changes in the menu! The Pimento Cheese with Garlic Bread appetizer is AWESOME! Shared the Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with Raspberry dressing that had bacon, blue cheese crumbles, and cranberries. My birthday dessert I chose the Biscuit that was warm. Yummy!!!

Been to FATZ? Share your experiences!