No photo provided
Add it.
Shoney's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We went to have the breakfast buffet. We had to sit in he smoking section where we never sit. The tiles above our heads and almost everywhere back there where all black. I understand that's the smoking section but the black on the tiles was so gross I couldn't eat. There's no reason for that.

1  Thank DeeCobb

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This Shoney's is still ticking. We choose the salad bar for lunch. The food sasf acceptable. It was hot/cold as it was supposed to be. We were there just prior to the end of the Salad Bar service. The staff made sure the items on the bar were edible and available. They stirred and primped the aging offering. They did add chicken to the bar, I'm surprised because, really they should have closed it down but kindly kept it going to allow us to eat and visit The service was excellent, they allowed our party of four women sit and chat and kept us refilled with the wonderful sweet tea they serve there. And when it was time for desert the sweet treat and fresh fruit was welcoming as was the staff who have probably been keeping this landmark in business afloat for all these years.

The building and the restrooms were clean and their is pride in the buildings upkeep.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband and I stopped going to Shoney's several years ago because the food had gotten really bad. We had a club meeting there last week and we ordered the steak. I got my steak before my husband and the waitress said they could only cook 2 at a time because the grill was small. My steak as well as my husband's was salty. Not just a little salty but briny. They must have used steak tenderizer with a heavy hand. The baked potato was old and the butter and sour cream didn't melt. All in all the meal was awful. The waitress was nice.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

One of my favorite local budget priced dining spots. Good service always! Salad and Soup lunch special reasonably priced is hard to beat. . . or for a little more you can get the whole spread! Good BBQ with ribs that melt in your mouth. . . lots of sauce and yes, a little greasy. . but delicious, every Sat. p.m.! Thursday night breakfast buffet. . . and a loaded sea food bar with mostly fried fare, on Fri. nights. Unfortunately the ice cream machine is sometimes out of service, my only minor complaint here. The staff are usually friendly and accommodating and the dining room is generally clean and orderly. -

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Not many seafood buffets in these parts and it nothing like Myrtle Beach but when I want to eat fish, mainly fried, and a lot of it, this is where I go.