Hilton Greenville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsexecutive floorfront deskshuttle servicecorner roomroom servicenice hotelclose to downtownindoor poolbusiness tripfitness centerstaff was friendlydefinitely stay here againfree breakfastconferencebeddinginterstateconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton and enjoyed every aspect of our visit. This particular hotel meets the standards we've come to expect to find at a Hilton hotel. It has been newly remodeled, and every part of the hotel we saw certainly reflected that. Every member of the staff with whom we had contact were genuinely friendly and helpful. Every one was extremely well trained in their particular job and seemed to take pleasure in efficiently performing their duties.

We enjoyed our stay in a king room, which was spacious and featured a very useful work desk with multiple electrical outlets, which we find necessary these days with all the electronic gadgets and tools we use. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the bed cover is the type that can be laundered so you truly enjoy a clean feel whenever you're on or in the bed.

The room also offered a comfortable chair to sit in, which seems like a small thing to many, but is truly appreciated by me because I can't get comfortable reading or watching television in bed.

They serve a hot breakfast or a continental breakfast, but neither was included in our room fee, and we thought the continental breakfast was a little pricey for the amount of food we eat for breakfast. I expect if you enjoy a hearty, robust breakfast you'll feel as if you get your money's worth, though.

The hotel is considered to be located in the downtown district, but it is not located within walking distance of the main downtown area, which is where most of the interesting stores and restaurants are located and where all the tourists should visit. There are restaurants and shops in the area near the hotel but we didn't visit any. The hotel is located within a five to seven minute drive of downtown so it certainly is accurately considered to be part of the downtown area.

All things considered, we would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends should they be planning a visit to Greenville, and if we return, this will be the first place we try to book a room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TarHeelBiggy
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I really like the hotel. It has the potential to be very nice. The lobby bar was nice. The fitness room was good. I had a few issues when I stayed there. My door did not shut all the way without me really pulling it closed. The toilet in my room did not work. I ordered room service and it did not show up for 45 minutes. I called and they told me their computer was broken and sent the food to the wrong room. I had to wait another 20 minutes to get my food. The food was very good though. Overall not terrible but could have been better. I would have liked to stay downtown but for the money Hotel was not a bad value.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 722
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank StellaGrace
Reviewed 30 March 2012

When we stayed at the hotel in February of 2012, we did not expect to walk into a lobby that sounded like World War III was occurring inside. Extremely loud jack-hammering and particle dust everywhere made it difficult to see where we were supposed to check in. The main entry was blocked off so you had to walk in a side door in front of the bar and make your way through the construction zone to get to the front desk.

I know that hotels must make renovations to keep guests happy, but something requiring this amount of work should of occurred during a 2-week shutdown period as it truly was nerve-racking and made me never want to visit again.

The room I was in was a standard room with 2-double beds. The room was nice and clean as is to be expected at a 3-star Hilton property.

The gym and indoor pool are really nice.

It is difficult to provide an accurate review due to the construction, so take this with a grain of salt. I'm sure it will be a much better experience once it is complete.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BradOnTheGo
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night this past weekend and enjoyed it despite the remodel in the lobby. The staff was extraordinarily helpful, from sending a refrigerator to our room to giving free breakfast, an attempt to make up for all the work being done. The room was clean, the bathrooms could use an update but were also clean, and the bed slept great! It took us less then 10 minutes to get downtown for dinner. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room on the corner of the building was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank caterpilly48
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Spent 4 days at this convention "host" hotel. no one (convention organizers or hotel) mentioned they were doing major remodeling during my stay. lobby torn up, no restaurant, no ice machines on the floors.......the front desk staff did a great job accomodating me as best they could. I'd return for the great customer service but not the way management handled it - not informing customers of a remodel seems dishonest, plus no room discounts for the lack of hiltons expectations

Room Tip: ask if their remodeling is completed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business