“Hilton Greenville, SC”

Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Dublin, Ohio
“Hilton Greenville, SC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This Hilton is really top of the line. They are renovating their rooms and other areas of the hotel but the guests would not know this. My room was spacious with all the amenities. The one thing that stood out in the room was the towels in the bathroom. There were plenty, large, and soft. My compliments to the management for this little detail I think so many hotels over look. I had dinner in the restaurant during my stay and I would not give the restaurant the same rating as the hotel. The menu is varied, the presentation on the plates good, but the timing was a little off. I had ordered a Caesar salad and it came after the meal was served. The waiter said they had some issue with the salad. The presentation was different than the norm. They grilled the lettuce, added a whole anchovie, and put the salad dressing over the arrangement.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgraded room. You may get the offer when you make your reservations. The cost is mini...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank John L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton and enjoyed every aspect of our visit. This particular hotel meets the standards we've come to expect to find at a Hilton hotel. It has been newly remodeled, and every part of the hotel we saw certainly reflected that. Every member of the staff with whom we had contact were genuinely friendly and helpful. Every one was extremely well trained in their particular job and seemed to take pleasure in efficiently performing their duties.

We enjoyed our stay in a king room, which was spacious and featured a very useful work desk with multiple electrical outlets, which we find necessary these days with all the electronic gadgets and tools we use. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the bed cover is the type that can be laundered so you truly enjoy a clean feel whenever you're on or in the bed.

The room also offered a comfortable chair to sit in, which seems like a small thing to many, but is truly appreciated by me because I can't get comfortable reading or watching television in bed.

They serve a hot breakfast or a continental breakfast, but neither was included in our room fee, and we thought the continental breakfast was a little pricey for the amount of food we eat for breakfast. I expect if you enjoy a hearty, robust breakfast you'll feel as if you get your money's worth, though.

The hotel is considered to be located in the downtown district, but it is not located within walking distance of the main downtown area, which is where most of the interesting stores and restaurants are located and where all the tourists should visit. There are restaurants and shops in the area near the hotel but we didn't visit any. The hotel is located within a five to seven minute drive of downtown so it certainly is accurately considered to be part of the downtown area.

All things considered, we would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends should they be planning a visit to Greenville, and if we return, this will be the first place we try to book a room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TarHeelBiggy
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I really like the hotel. It has the potential to be very nice. The lobby bar was nice. The fitness room was good. I had a few issues when I stayed there. My door did not shut all the way without me really pulling it closed. The toilet in my room did not work. I ordered room service and it did not show up for 45 minutes. I called and they told me their computer was broken and sent the food to the wrong room. I had to wait another 20 minutes to get my food. The food was very good though. Overall not terrible but could have been better. I would have liked to stay downtown but for the money Hotel was not a bad value.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 722
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank StellaGrace
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

When we stayed at the hotel in February of 2012, we did not expect to walk into a lobby that sounded like World War III was occurring inside. Extremely loud jack-hammering and particle dust everywhere made it difficult to see where we were supposed to check in. The main entry was blocked off so you had to walk in a side door in front of the bar and make your way through the construction zone to get to the front desk.

I know that hotels must make renovations to keep guests happy, but something requiring this amount of work should of occurred during a 2-week shutdown period as it truly was nerve-racking and made me never want to visit again.

The room I was in was a standard room with 2-double beds. The room was nice and clean as is to be expected at a 3-star Hilton property.

The gym and indoor pool are really nice.

It is difficult to provide an accurate review due to the construction, so take this with a grain of salt. I'm sure it will be a much better experience once it is complete.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BradOnTheGo
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night this past weekend and enjoyed it despite the remodel in the lobby. The staff was extraordinarily helpful, from sending a refrigerator to our room to giving free breakfast, an attempt to make up for all the work being done. The room was clean, the bathrooms could use an update but were also clean, and the bed slept great! It took us less then 10 minutes to get downtown for dinner. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room on the corner of the building was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple