All reviews wxyz bar dog walk rescue dog dog run reverse osmosis great location pool deck fourth floor dog friendly hotel cool hotel parking garage mast general store tupelo honey allow dogs long weekend restaurants and bars corner suite
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Let's start from one point: I do not like Aloft hotels that much.
I have the impression that behind their appearance of understatement and informality lies a policy to make money reducing the services to the guests.
Anyway, apart from that, today I had to recall to the housekeeper that my room was still to be set at 3:00pm (!), and she gave me the explanation that in her duties for today she did not have to set my room (!!!).
Pluses: you are straight downtown Greenville, you have an outdoor pool (even though pretty small).
No issue for parking, there is a parking lot just aside the hotel.
Air conditioning is very noisy.
Web connection is quite good.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Manuel G
Quentin M, Manager at Aloft Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Manuel G,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Aloft Greenville Downtown and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.

Aloft Hotels is the new destination sensation with loft-inspired design and free-flowing energy which is a distinguished style from traditional hotel properties. We apologize for the miscommunication with one of our staff members. Our front desk staff is readily available to assist our guests at any time with anything that they may need. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that proper processes are in place and we again thank you for staying with us and providing feedback.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

If you have stayed at an ALoft before, you know how it is laid out.

I very much enjoyed the location, with restaurants both directly downstairs, as well as around the corner. Greenville is a small downtown, so you really aren't going to go wrong with a hotel nearby.

I enjoyed the live music, and the outdoor patio off the lobby. Sometimes the music is just there with no audience, but this seemed like a place where people came to enjoy music and have drinks. A nice bonus was the cocktail arcade game in the lobby.

The housekeeping I experienced was a little unfriendly, maybe just a bad day. My wife commented that she saw dirt/hair in the corner of the bathroom, as well as a little bit of mold/scum around the soap dispensers, but to me, nothing egregious.

I highly doubt that the lobby being on the 4th floor caused anyone more than 1 errant elevator ride. I kind of liked the funky nature of that.

Parking was reasonable at $7.50 per night.

I love Aloft hotels, and this one did not disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night after enjoying an evening performance in town. Hotel room was modern w handy layout and amenities. The confusion is their main lobby is not on the first floor but the fourth floor. The elevator had unclear indicators for lobby, etc using trendy like names for the lobby, bar, fitness etc. Parking is provided but again difficult to find the lobby to checkin. Strange having a first floor lobby as well which is unmanned, no attendant to welcome you or assist you.
They had a foster dog available to adopt which was a great surprise.... they evidently have helped adopt more than 80 dogs this year... admirable!
The food in the bar was limited and no longer provides chef daily specials... plan to eat elsewhere. Most places close up around 9 or 10 pm on a Thursday night so we had little choice for food following our event.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This is an updated review of the Aloft Greenville Downtown. We stayed on multiple occasions. This is a wonderful hotel with a superb location and friendly efficient staff. The rooms are well organized, nicely appointed, and environmentally friendly. The dog theme is greatly appreciated. We enjoyed the adoptable dogs in the lobby. The lobby is modern and open, friendly and efficient, and a great place to gather. The restaurant, the bar, and the snacks concession make for an enjoyable stay. Our time in Greenville was highlighted by these wonderful accommodations.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was amazing and so was the service. I loved my room and all the amenities. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the parking garage and elevator system is rather confusing. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get to the front desk to check in.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business