All reviews wxyz bar dog walk rescue dog dog run reverse osmosis great location pool deck fourth floor dog friendly hotel cool hotel parking garage mast general store tupelo honey allow dogs long weekend restaurants and bars corner suite
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night after enjoying an evening performance in town. Hotel room was modern w handy layout and amenities. The confusion is their main lobby is not on the first floor but the fourth floor. The elevator had unclear indicators for lobby, etc using trendy like names for the lobby, bar, fitness etc. Parking is provided but again difficult to find the lobby to checkin. Strange having a first floor lobby as well which is unmanned, no attendant to welcome you or assist you.
They had a foster dog available to adopt which was a great surprise.... they evidently have helped adopt more than 80 dogs this year... admirable!
The food in the bar was limited and no longer provides chef daily specials... plan to eat elsewhere. Most places close up around 9 or 10 pm on a Thursday night so we had little choice for food following our event.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This is an updated review of the Aloft Greenville Downtown. We stayed on multiple occasions. This is a wonderful hotel with a superb location and friendly efficient staff. The rooms are well organized, nicely appointed, and environmentally friendly. The dog theme is greatly appreciated. We enjoyed the adoptable dogs in the lobby. The lobby is modern and open, friendly and efficient, and a great place to gather. The restaurant, the bar, and the snacks concession make for an enjoyable stay. Our time in Greenville was highlighted by these wonderful accommodations.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was amazing and so was the service. I loved my room and all the amenities. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the parking garage and elevator system is rather confusing. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get to the front desk to check in.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Location is awesome for the beautiful Greenville. Rooms were clean and staff very nice and responsive. Worth the stay for convenience and cool art and awesome dogs for adoption. Great bar area, pool table and fun relaxing area to sit with friends to chat or people watch over the plaza. Didn't make it to the pool but others were enjoying it. And I LOVED that the AC didn't do that crazy loud on/off thing that makes you wake up every time it goes off. It was quiet and did it's job nicely. That would be enough for an awesome review.

However, I could hear quite clearly, my neighbors raising their blinds with chains. Was loud enough to wake me.

I believe I was having a reaction to all the pets because my eyes were swollen and red and couldn't really breath well. Don't know if it was the pets or something else in the room/hotel.

No microwave in the room but did have a small fridge. The room is laid out to almost feel cramped. I had a hard time finding space to do stretches before I started my day. And extra TP was in the closet??? That was weird and inconvenient. And the closet rod was elevated almost too high for this 5'3" person to use. I had to get on tip toe to get something off the rod. The sink is cool. It's a bowl and plenty of counter space BUT I had to stand at it sideways to keep from hitting my elbow on the sliding shower room door. And I am a small person.

The hotel was down to ONE elevator for the hotel and apparently had been for a couple of weeks. Not cool. Long wait times most of the time.

Also, I am bothered by the fact that I know for certain I left an item (value about $150) in the room and I called a few days later to see if it was turned in and it was not logged as found. The room has dark carpets and the area I left the item was also dark. And the item is dark. It disappoints me that it wouldn't be turned in. Makes me think I did the right thing by not having someone clean my room while I was there. I was in a rush when I left and I didn't do my normal last major sweep of the room. This would be enough for me not to return and choose a hotel a block or two away from my work.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Usontherode
Quentin M, Manager at Aloft Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear Usontherode,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Aloft Greenville Downtown and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. Aloft Hotels is the new destination sensation with loft-inspired design and free-flowing energy which is a different design from traditional hotels.

I'm sorry to hear that you have an item that has been misplaced. While the hotel can not be responsible for items left behind, we make every effort if located to reunite guests with their belongings. We have had success in the past with returning items to their owners. I would love to speak with you in more detail about your item.

The elevator has been an inconvenience to our staff and guests, and we understand that the extended wait times were less than ideal. The part that we needed to operate the elevator has finally come in and it's now up and running. We apologize for the elevator being down during your stay and I look forward to speaking with you in response to your feedback. Please feel free to reach me at 864-297-6100.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The Aloft is a good place to stay if you are visiting Greenville and the local area. The rooms are fairly spacious and well provisioned. They are also spectacularly clean (the staff do a great job around the hotel). There is a balcony bar (which is a fun place to enjoy an aperitif) and breakfast area (Starbucks) in the lobby. The hotel is also dog friendly. There is also a rooftop open air pool and a well-equipped fitness suite. Finally, there is free and abundant parking.

I can’t quite see why anyone would, in all honesty, give it less than 5 stars. It’s not a ‘smart’ hotel but it’s lack of pretension is refreshing.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple