“Wonderful Easter Brunch”

Halls Chophouse
Ranked #10 of 974 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: USD 20 - USD 100
Cuisines: Armenian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Halls Chophouse is a family steakhouse restaurant originated in the Upper King District of Charleston, South Carolina. We value hospitality, superior American cuisine and a dining experience that guests revere. Special Features: Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly, Happy Hour, Kid Friendly, Romantic, Late Night, Live Music. Bar opens at 4:00pm, Dinner Service at 5:00pm. Dinner is served until 11:00 pm during the week, 12:00am on Friday and Saturday. Our menu features She Crab Soup, Oysters on the Half Shell, and Fried Calamari just to name a few dishes. Our extensive wine menu features over 100 of the most exclusive wines one may find.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and I had a wonderful Easter Brunch at Halls Chop House. We only had a short walk from our hotel, The Marriott Courtyard for our 11:45 reservation. The restaurant was very busy...even the bar area...when we arrived, but we were immediately escorted to our table upstairs with a view of the restaurant below and piano music was playing which was really nice.

We started with a Bloody Mary and a Bellini. Usually I go for a Mimosa, but the Bellini sounded very nice and it was. Our Brunch started with She Crab Soup and Oysters Rockefeller. And for the main course, my husband had the Elk...pricey but was very nice. I had Oysters Rockefeller and Crab Benedict, both of which were delicious and perfect for me.

Darek, our waiter was very attentive and we had a nice chat with him before leaving. We are already looking forward to returning soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We celebrated our daughters 19th birthday here for Sunday brunch And we loved it! The restaurant is beautiful especially the view of the water out back! Live music! Amazing service!!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A great place to get a stake some might think it’s pricey it’s not really bad the food was amazing love this place

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We celebrated my wife's birthday at Hall's Chophouse recently. Our experience was an interesting mixture of old and new. Hall's uses an old style of service with a large team helping our server at various times. We were immediately served bread but it was a very small serving of white bread, not the norm these days. There is a 5pm - 6pm special 3 course dinner. When I asked the waiter to put our starter order in wile I made up my mind he explained that the cash register system needed the entire order at one time! The food was very good. The sides were steakhouse standard choices but good enough. My wife had the wet-aged file mignon and it was very tender.As a seafood eater I had significantly fewer items to choose from. At the end of the meal my wife was brought a very big piece of cake with a candle. Bill Hall was on the floor and stopped at most tables to welcome diners. At the end we were brought a bill with 2 carbons, all marked "Merchant copy." When was the last time you had a carbon to worry about? EVERYONE we encountered asked if everything was alright and if we enjoyed our dinner.. Probably a bit more intrusive into our evening than I would have liked but it is hard to fault people for seeming to care about your experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

For my 29th birthday my husband surprised me by taking me to my favorite restaurant Hall's Chophouse. We parked our car via the complimentary Valet, and made our way to the hostess stand where we were warmly welcomed by David Barkman, the floor manager and a pleasant hostess. They already knew it was my birthday, and we were seated upstairs by the window over looking the river. the music was wonderful, not too loud but not too far away to hear. Immediately upon seating we were welcomed with 5 star service which we continued to have throughout our meal. David checked on us multiple times and our waiter Derek was outstanding. Our meal was absolutely amazing! For my birthday i was gifted with a complimentary glass of champagne for my husband and myself and at the end a candle lit piece of as i can only describe as HEAVEN in a slice. Halls is hands down the best upscale restaurant Greenville. We've visited 3 times now and look forward to many more. When family comes from out of town or its a special occasion Hall's is my go to place to eat for sure! Thank you David and Derek and to all whom served us on our visit. We will be back!!!
Mr and Mrs. Prickett Greenville,SC

1  Thank Emily P

Been to Halls Chophouse? Share your experiences!