All reviews main street great location within walking distance front desk free breakfast falls park the breakfast area would stay here again lots of great restaurants breakfast attendant greenville downtown the staff was great restaurants and bars room was clean and comfortable other hotels nice breakfast outdoor pool
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a dance competition last weekend. The location was amazing. It's right in downtown Greenville. It's about one block away from the "heart" of downtown. It's perfect. It's just about 6-7 blacks away from the Falls Park. Maybe a 10 minute walk. It's great. We were there three days and never got into our car. Best park about this hotel is that there's free parking. That's huge when you go to Greenville. Most hotels have valet. The continental breakfast was standard. They had the pancake machine which i personally don't like. I would prefer the waffle maker. My only real complaint was the lady that checked me in. My room was already fully paid for. She tried to charge me an extra $40 a night on top of what had been charged. Talking to her was pointless but I just called Holiday Inns 800 number and got it straightened out very quickly. This is a great place to stay. We will definitely stay here again next year.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2017

The hotel was clean and well appointed. The staff was very friendly. The bed was very comfortable. It was easy to find, plenty of parking. Quiet and great value for the price. Had a bit of trouble getting the temperature just righ though. Either a little too hot or too cold!

Room Tip: over all great
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Stayed here for a night with my mom and my kids. Nothing negative to speak of. Very convenient location to shopping. Staff was helpful and courteous. Rooms were spacious with two queens and a pullout sofa. Clean. Everything as expected.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Everything was clean; my fellow travelers liked the breakfast. My only misgiving was that it was further to walk to the Peace Center than I thought. Many nice restaurants along the way, however, which made it go quicker.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Maureen W
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Had 3 rooms booked for 3 nights for a conferance. One of the attendees got the flu the night before. Had to cancel 1 room. The manager who was never there still charged me 1 night. I was never told when I called to cancel the morning we left. When I checked in they told me I would be charged 1 night. If I new I was charged I would of kept so they could not re-book. Manager was never at hotel to discuss. That is poor management and coustomer service. Will continue to book at Hampton. Never had issues with cancellation with Hampton.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

I am very sorry to see that you are disappointed with our hotel manager. We regret that you needed to cancel a room a the last minute. Hotels implement cancelation policies to guarantee that rooms that are booked will be used and not left empty. Any time we are able to re-sell a room that has been canceled beyond the allowed time, we are always happy to work with our guests and void the cancelation penalty. When we are unable to sell the room, the cancelation penalty stands. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.