All reviews main street great location within walking distance front desk pancake machine free breakfast falls park the breakfast area would stay here again lots of great restaurants breakfast attendant greenville downtown the staff was great restaurants and bars other hotels room was clean and comfortable nice breakfast
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Had 3 rooms booked for 3 nights for a conferance. One of the attendees got the flu the night before. Had to cancel 1 room. The manager who was never there still charged me 1 night. I was never told when I called to cancel the morning we left. When I checked in they told me I would be charged 1 night. If I new I was charged I would of kept so they could not re-book. Manager was never at hotel to discuss. That is poor management and coustomer service. Will continue to book at Hampton. Never had issues with cancellation with Hampton.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

I am very sorry to see that you are disappointed with our hotel manager. We regret that you needed to cancel a room a the last minute. Hotels implement cancelation policies to guarantee that rooms that are booked will be used and not left empty. Any time we are able to re-sell a room that has been canceled beyond the allowed time, we are always happy to work with our guests and void the cancelation penalty. When we are unable to sell the room, the cancelation penalty stands. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

This is probably my third or fourth stay at this hotel. It is a GREAT location with lots of restaurants nearby. It seems quite safe and is in an easily accessible location. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and their service was good. The breakfast was adequate- pretty similar to a lot of places. They have coffee and tea available all day, which is nice.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are very convenient and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Thank you for your repeat business. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to next time! Until then, we wish you safe travels and happy days!

Reviewed 21 February 2017

It's hard to beat the downtown location of this hotel. It's close to everything, and there's free parking -- something most downtown Greenville hotels don't offer. The staff was super friendly, and everything was very clean.

Our room was not up to the usual HiEx standards, however, with a shower curtain bar falling off the wall and a broken microwave. The beds and pillows were pretty well worn and very uncomfortable, and the air conditioning was extremely loud, which ironically helped mask the noise of the dozen or so college girls partying on our floor.

We stayed for three nights and the breakfast was terrible all three days -- dry crunchy omelettes and mealy scrambled eggs.

Overall, it's not a bad location, but it could really use some attention.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ed K
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Hello Ed K!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Greenville-Downtown, SC. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for our nice comment about our staff.

However, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding breakfast, room condition and the noise during your stay. We will address these concerns.We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed here Dec 31 for New Years. The hotel was really nice, very clean, large rooms, nice breakfast area. It was the cheapest one in the downtown area, and we wanted to be able to walk to our dinner destination, so that's why we stayed here.

Very comfortable bed, and the staff was really helpful, we needed a corkscrew and they got one for us in like 2 minutes! Would stay again if I needed to be within walking distance of the main street area.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

The staff was amazing. The beds were comfy and cozy. We were just there for a couple of Nights, but couldn't have picked a better place. The valet were prompt and pleasant. Front desk were accommodating and friendly. Food wasn't bad either.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family