All reviews main street great location within walking distance front desk pancake machine free breakfast falls park the breakfast area would stay here again lots of great restaurants breakfast attendant greenville downtown the staff was great restaurants and bars other hotels room was clean and comfortable nice breakfast
Reviewed 21 February 2017

It's hard to beat the downtown location of this hotel. It's close to everything, and there's free parking -- something most downtown Greenville hotels don't offer. The staff was super friendly, and everything was very clean.

Our room was not up to the usual HiEx standards, however, with a shower curtain bar falling off the wall and a broken microwave. The beds and pillows were pretty well worn and very uncomfortable, and the air conditioning was extremely loud, which ironically helped mask the noise of the dozen or so college girls partying on our floor.

We stayed for three nights and the breakfast was terrible all three days -- dry crunchy omelettes and mealy scrambled eggs.

Overall, it's not a bad location, but it could really use some attention.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ed K
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Hello Ed K!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Greenville-Downtown, SC. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for our nice comment about our staff.

However, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding breakfast, room condition and the noise during your stay. We will address these concerns.We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed here Dec 31 for New Years. The hotel was really nice, very clean, large rooms, nice breakfast area. It was the cheapest one in the downtown area, and we wanted to be able to walk to our dinner destination, so that's why we stayed here.

Very comfortable bed, and the staff was really helpful, we needed a corkscrew and they got one for us in like 2 minutes! Would stay again if I needed to be within walking distance of the main street area.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

The staff was amazing. The beds were comfy and cozy. We were just there for a couple of Nights, but couldn't have picked a better place. The valet were prompt and pleasant. Front desk were accommodating and friendly. Food wasn't bad either.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2017

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express for two nights in November. I wanted to be close to the Bon Secours Wellness Arena because I was going to the Bon Secours Wellness Arena for Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood's concerts on Friday and Saturday night. The hotel was within walking distance of the arena. Even with the cold weather, it was a short, pleasant walk. The hotel is also close to restaurants, shopping, etc. Our room was clean and comfortable, with nice amenities. When we had questions, the staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint about the hotel would be the quality of breakfast foods. Pastries, yogurt, fruit, were great. Sausage, biscuits, and eggs, not so much...just fair. However, I was spoiled by great Southern cooks in my family, so I'm picky about those things. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2017

This was a very nice hotel in a great location near downtown greenville!! The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable! Great breakfast in the morning, too! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Holiday Inn Express Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville Downtown. We appreciate your business and your recommendation to future guests. A referral is the best compliment we can get. We hope to see you again soon. Until next time, we wish you safe travels and happy days.