“Very enjoyable, awesome location”

Review of Sea Master 106

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Consider book a Myrtle Beach vacation rental on iTrip today!
Imagine yourself on the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel! Take a Myrtle Beach vacation now!
Miles and miles of beautiful beaches await you on your Myrtle Beach vacation!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Lorna H
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Parking was awful..they promised a spot and the whole week we struggled to park..my husband got a ticket...soooo would not recommend unless you get a bike to stay here..no policing or security in parkingl lot...

Management Response
18 Jul 2017
The review does not include any complaints or comments about the condo itself. We're glad to know that they were not dissatisfied with the unit they're supposed to be reviewing. Sea Master has more parking space than most of the oceanfront complexes on Garden City beach. We've managed condos at Sea Master for over four years, dozens of rentals, this is the first complaint we have received about parking. We have no control over parking. It's really unfair for a nice condo like this to receive a poor rating because these guests had trouble finding a place to park.
Cheryl C
Charleston, West Virginia
“This was a horribly maintained/furnished unit for which I spent the 1st 3 days of my vacation dealing with main issues .”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

When we arrived at unit after 4 pm on 7/19, 4 large pillow cases full of dirty linens spewing out of them were blocking the entry door. We proceeded inside to find the carpet at the closet for the hot water tank/ac unit soaked clear into the master bedroom and a mildew odor and sand filled very old and worn wicker couch and chair. On the 1st floor balcony of the unit we found a filthy, grimy white plastic round table with 4 plastic dilapidated chairs...of various sizes. The carpet on the balcony was tattered , worn and stained and just plain filthy. The glass sliding doors were also filthy and grimy and the wood railing held with added lag bolts to connect the sides together. I had 2 small grandchildren and was afraid to let them on the balcony. As we proceeded to the bed rooms, the master bed was full of sand and sheets had body imprints. The bedding in both rooms (bedspread and blankets) were badly ripped and torn. The closets were nasty and contained a lot of junk..no room to put anything. The dressers were old, small, worn and coming apart and showed severe water damage. I actually found a bug in one. In the master bedroom the blind on the sliding door was broken and my son had to fix it as it was leaving it open. The glass sliding door was not in condition to even open. Under the lavatory in both baths was deplorable and we were unable to use the space. The closet in the main bath had the shelving staked together on the top shelf and they were filthy. I cleaned them off and placed back in the closet so we would have somewhere to store our toiletries. Also, this commode ran constantly . I immediately called the rental agency, who informed me "unit is on the beach and we could sweep the balcony and it would be dirty again in a few min" . I also requested the towels and linens I had paid for as I discovered we did not have the correct amount....He acted as if no concern, quickly stated he would send a maid over. The maid arrived, brought no towels and quickly apologized for the filthy balcony and spent about 20 min cleaning it. She then showed me the black gritty cloth used to clean the table and advised it was stained so badly, she could do no more. I showed her a few of the other issue..she apologized but did nothing more leaving all the dirty laundry from thee previous tenants. That dirty laundry blocked our door for 3days! We had no where else to go and so we had too make the best of a horrible situation. On Monday around 10am, the front door literally fell off! The wood was so rotten that the bottom hinge came completely off and all the door pins were coming out. I immediately called the agent again. He seemed aggravated with my call to have this fixed asap and I proceeded to inform him of some of the other issues asking him if he was aware....he quickly stated he would send the maintenance man to fix the door and bring the towels and stated "you will have to excuse me as I have an appointment and have no time for this" as he hung up on me. Also, I went to use a pillow in the pillow sham in the 2nd bedroom only to find the pillow sham and pillow case severely blood stained The maintenance man arrived to fix the door on Monday about 4 pm! He did fix the door...drilling 2.5 inches to get past the rotten wood to reattach the door. He did bring the towels requested at ck in on Sat, fixed the running commode and did finally took the dirty laundry blocking our door and the bloody pillow sham and pillow case. However, he had to return later that night to bring kitchen linens and fix the sofa bed which was missing a spring leaving no support to the bottom of the dilapidated mattress resulting in my daughter falling thru the bed the 1st night. He could not fix the bathroom door lock and sent someone else to fix it on Wednesday,
The Sea Master is perfectly located and right on the beach with a really nice pool area and elevators if needed. The coin laundry is nice, but be aware of dryers not heating as we did encounter this. I did inquire of other folks and have found other nice units here.
I would never rent this 106 unit again nor will I ever rent from Teeoff Beach Inc. I have written this in detail because no one deserves to pay money to rent a unit in this shape. This was a family vacation ruined due to the very poor accommodations, undo stress on everyone and the constant interruptions to our time together.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The unit was located directly over beach facing the ocean and the complex fit our needs beautifully.
Liked least: The poor state of the unit, the filth found when arrived and the absolutely rude and disconcerted statements and attitude of rental agency.
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
25 Aug 2014
We have closed 19 reservations at this property so far this year, 18 last year. Three families have spent a week in this unit since the reviewer checked out. This is the only complaint we have received. Does any reader believe that 18 previous guests simply tolerated the conditions the reviewer alleges without comment or complaint? I spoke to the guest that stayed there last week, they were pleased. Readers, please note the review from last September for comparison.

The cleaning firm that we use has changed laundry vendors. We did have a number of issues with laundry at that time, that accounts for several of the reviewer's complaints.

We sent staff over to address every complaint, which the reviewer acknowledges, as quickly as possible, as we always do when guests report problems. How this guest could run into that many issues when guests before and since reported few or none is hard to imagine or understand. She was disappointed and angry that we refused to refund some of her rent.

Travellers are raving about these Garden City Beach hotels

AndrewF-I...
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Very enjoyable, awesome location”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed here late September and it was brilliant. You just cant beat the location. The condo faces directly onto the ocean and the view is awesome from the deck and master bedroom.
We booked through iTrip and it was very smooth, with good communication from the owners. Key pickup was easy as the customer service office is about a mile down the street just off Rt17. The condo was very clean on arrival and everything worked as it should. The master bedroom has a king size bed and it was very comfortable to sleep on.
Parking is directly under the building and there were no problems getting a space. Sea Master also appears to own the vacant lot next door and that seems to be available for parking also. Swimming pool area was also very clean and well maintained. At the time we visited the complex was very quiet and we had no issues with noise or small children running around. Most of the people we spoke to were mature or retired folk. For those with a disability the building does have an elevator.
You are within walking distance to the pier, a bar to the south (Rising Tides) and a restaurant to the north (Conc Café) all of which we visited and enjoyed.
Overall a great stay and would definitely recommend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Bedroom closet was a little dirty
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing