“Off night?”
Review of J. L. Leonard's Restaurant - CLOSED

J. L. Leonard's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ok wow, I’m guessing a lot of regulars wrote most of these reviews. My burger was really good, my wife got the fried chicken. We came prepared to wait because of the reviews and menu said 20-25 mins. They were busy our cheese sticks took 25 mins or so. Then the rest of the food was a couple mins later. The table next to us had a horrible mess. They ordered before us and nothing was right. The waitress complained about the cooks and it looked like for good reason. Off night maybe?

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We happened to stumble upon this place while driving around looking for somewhere “different” to try. The food was very good. Everything was fresh, hot and full of flavor!! Some of the reviews mentioned the service not being good. We had EXCELLENT service the entire time we were there. Everyone was very nice, friendly and responsive! We will return to JL Leonard’s again!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Sunday evening dinner for 4 of us! Four different meals, excellent choice of sides (lima beans was my choice). My wife had the liver and onions- tough to get right as people tend to overcook and it becomes shoe leather. This was not the case here as it was tender and tasty.
Waitress was friendly and very efficient! Offer the senior option to my meal which was 2 oz. less but more than enough.
We will return again on this and future trips to the area!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Asked for all-white meat fried chicken for dinner and server advised there was no way that could be ordered. When mentioning this to the manager, Debbie, she was very curt and confirmed that was not an option (the menu had it as a lunch option). When my friend told her we would not be coming back, her reply was, "Well that's your choice sir" as she was walking away from the table. I felt this was very unprofessional. After waiting almost 30 minutes for our meals, wishing we would have left and went somewhere worth waiting for. Will not be going back.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We ate at J.L. Leonards the last day of our trip to Murrels inlet for our yearly trip. We were in the mood for fried chicken so we looked it up and found this place. On their sign and menu it says Where Friends Meet. They couldn't have been any nicer when we were there! If you like home cooked meals in a casual atmosphere then I highly recommend J.L.Leonards.