All reviews owned condo pool and hot tub through vrbo washer and dryer would stay again parking garage no issues ocean view building unit deck fireworks tubs
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were there for a weekend .
A one bedroom two bathroom unit. Well kept and well equipped. Parking was plentiful. Pool was great. It’s in a great location close to Garden City Pier . We will for sure be back . Everyone was friendly. We will be back .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula G
Mike S, General Manager at Waters Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you for your visit and response here. Not every unit in our building is managed by us at WER, Inc. but we always like to hear you had a great time in a great unit and will be coming back, we hope soon.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Have stayed at Waters Edge two times. The first time it was marginal but liked the location so wanted to give it another go. Now it's just sad. The common areas - two pools, two hot tubs, exercise rooms - are in bad shape. The cafe and mini mart have closed. There are lots of other opportunities on the South Strand.....time to look elsewhere!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Becky S

First, thank you for your visit and taking time out to make a response. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay especially with all the area, ocean and beach has to offer for entertainment and relaxation. I'm not aware of any other specifics you weren't happy with other than what is indicated here. If a guest is unhappy with anything or something is not as was expected or should be we encourage one to let us know as soon as possible to give us the opportunity to make a change that satisfies your needs and wants. Efforts are constantly being made to keep units updated and clean.

As to the amenities specifically noted I'm not sure what else needs to be done to make them more accommodating for guests. Since Hurricane Matthew came through and hit this area in October of 2016 repairs and renovations were ongoing throughout at least the first half of 2017 as we lost everything on our lower level due to storm surge and flooding. This means we have a brand new pool deck area, we do have 2 pools ( an outdoor and indoor ) and 2 Jacuzzi tubs ( an outdoor and indoor ) for guests conveniences. All were practically redone due to damage. We offer 2 different exercise rooms and each had almost brand new equipment when the storm hit. Since we have replaced with new equipment as well. New pool chairs and lounges are in place too.

Our gift shop/mart is full of items for purchase to use on the beach and wherever you may need in general and yes, unfortunately the cafe' did not and has not reopened yet. The owners for some reason known to them decided not to reopen but does have it up for sale currently. Our lounge/bar area is as new and was up and running within a couple of weeks of the storm.

Don't just take my word please visit our website and view the picture galleries for yourself. Please call and/or visit as walk-ins are always welcome to come see for yourself. Visit us once and come back again as a repeat guest for 10% off your rental rate.

Thank you.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

It's home away from home. Great view from balcony. Wonderful staff. It's family friendly. Just wish there were more elevators. Beach front deck with pool and hot tub didn't stay packed. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Great to hear! We welcome you back soon. Good to see you enjoyed our beachfront views and amenities. The building was built in the mid 80's thus having only the two elevators so I'm with you there on the numbers. Come at about the same time you did this time when it is not quite as crowded as many of the youngsters have gone or are getting ready to go back to school yet the weather is still absolutely fantastic! and the elevators aren't so much an issue. Either way come anytime and we will try to make it the best vacay ever.

Thank you.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Upon arrival the air conditioning was not getting through to the bedrooms. (this was a three bedroom end unit #901). The maintenance man said it wouldn't get back to the bedrooms.He said he had told them that the rooms needed fans. ( Them meaning the owners I guess.) We went to Walmart and bought three floor osculating fans .

The condo was dated but fine for the beach. The views were fabulous. Nice pool set up.

Then they started painting. There were no paint signs or barriers. I walked down a hall way and got in my car. When I went to get out of my car I noticed the paint. Paint on the console, seat belt, seat, my shirt, bathing suit and purse.

When I went to the rental office they said they were sorry but it wasn't their fault, it was the homeowner associations fault. Then they said they would be right up to look at the air cond. problem. But they never came. As we left the rental office they had put up cones and orange tape. Way to late for me.

I wrote a letter to the rental company and home owners association I explain about the car, my ruined shirt, ruined bathing suit and ruined purse. I received NO response.

Therefore I would not recommend this place. There are tons of other places with great customer service in Garden City, S.C. This place does not know the meaning of customer service.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying here
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

We appreciate your concerns and sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience at WER. The good is self explanatory so I will try to address your concerns here as best as possible.

The condo was slowly being renovated so parts of the décor were somewhat dated, we can agree. Individual owners have the say so as to what décor and what ultimately is put in their unit in the end.

It was August when the heat can still sometimes be a little intense especially with the humidity we have here but the a/c was still working throughout. Ceiling fans are a great way to keep air moving and are a good recommendation to owners. Many guests stayed in this unit before throughout the summer without notifying us of any specific issues with the a/c system. This all being said I recognize that if you, the guest, is uncomfortable for whatever reason it needs to be addressed. In your case with cooler air or better air movement throughout. One guest's concerns may not be the same as the next. If you felt the need to buy your own fans and not have us remedy the situation there must've been some miscommunication on the subject . I apologize if this was the case as we want our guests to be comfortable and come back to visit us with great reviews

The issues with the paint should have been handled better and a teaching moment moving forward. Without going into the details here of why the HOA side and not the rental side was responsible etc. is pointless as I'm sure it made no difference to you, you just wanted the unfortunate incident to be rectified by someone. We could have handled it better and worked out the details between rentals and the HOA later. We certainly apologize for this.

This resort is located a great beach, we have great amenities and really good people that may have failed you this time. We appreciate your concerns and hope you will consider staying with us another time to help rectify a bad experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I took my children and grandchildren to Myrtle Beach for a week's vacation. Waters Edge Resort was perfect. We were right on the beach, the condo was attractive and clean. It is located in a residential area and was more family oriented and generally less busy. We had an amazing time for our week's vacation. It just doesn't get much better.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family