All reviews owned condo pool and hot tub through vrbo washer and dryer would stay again parking garage no issues ocean view building unit deck fireworks tubs
Reviewed 18 August 2016

The location was excellent, right on the beach, 2 pools, etc. Just need to be updated with the condos. Also at 3:00a.m. in the morning people who are arguing for over an hour and no one does anything about it. I am not going back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We stayed in Unit 103. The unit itself was fine if in dire need of an update (kids got a kick out of the VHS player though). Many units provide beach chairs, umbrellas, but this one did not provide anything. We had to key in and out which was outdated compared to the code locks on most units. Very noisy due to proximity to hot tub and bar on the level below but noise ends at midnight. Facilities themselves were horrible. Pool was small, crowded, and dirty. Algae was growing on the pool deck area. The elevators and hallways were filthy and wreaked of booze and urine. Only way in an out from the beach was through the pool area. Wifi service was poor and intermittent at best. If you have Verizon cell service and need it for this trip do not stay here or any where on the first few floors. Verizon service was incredibly poor in this area.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 646tim
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely first- class independently owned condo unit #305; tastefully and very comfortably decorated; included ALL amenities; beautiful view; impeccably clean; owners ran our week rental like pros and checked in before, during, and after our bust. Highly recommend any couple wanting to spend a lovely week without any worries! Thank you for the memories!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn D
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came down for a quiet few days by the beach. I rented directly from the owner of unit 1503 and the condo itself was fabulous with recent updates, granite kitchen and quality furniture. Condo was stocked to the point it was literally like staying in someone's home as a guest - all necessary items were provided and even unexpected "extras" were abundant (coffee, tea and sugar provided - how nice!). The view from the living room and balcony are truly breathtaking - it's almost like being on the bow of a ship with the ocean on all sides. To say this unit was clean and well-appointed would be an understatement so my gracious thanks to the owner who was lovely to work with. My dissatisfaction lies strictly with the facilities themselves. And let me preface this by saying I am not even remotely a diva-type person - I eat fried spam sandwiches and wear Walmart clothes for crying out loud. This is a large resort - 15 stories and 12 units wide. I was amazed there were only two elevators servicing the entire building. The elevators are older and very slow so there was always a line of people waiting for an elevator. Sometimes you'd wait two full cycles before you could get on. And staying on the 15th floor meant the elevator was sure to stop fourteen times up and down - it was like being a pickle in a jar. A hot sweaty sticky humid non ventilated pickle jar that reeked of mildew and whatever happened to be on tap at happy hour that night. The pool deck had green algae growing in all of the places where water puddled up - algae does not grow overnight. Also the pool was incredibly small for the size of the resort and number of units. All four days we attempted to use the pool but it was so crowded you could not be in the pool without touching other people or having out of control kids dive bomb straight down on your head. If you did manage to make it into the pool you had to stay out of the corners because that's where the funk collected: bugs, litter and a sludge/foam/film that I shudder to think what biological agents it may be comprised of. There were plenty of loungers if you wanted to lay with a dozen of your closest strangers like a sardine in a can. One of the outdoor shower stations did not work. There was always a line to rinse the sand off when returning from the beach. Overall the pool area and decks were very disappointing. The little store on site did have a good selection of commonly forgotten sundries which was nice but I did notice an open can of soda with a straw in it in the cooler with the single serve ice creams. There is a pub/bar on the premises as well but we did not visit there. In Tennessee we use the term "rough" to describe somewhere or something that is just not quite up to par and shows a clear degree of deferred maintenance. I would describe Waters Edge just overall as "rough" and I would not recommend this resort nor would I consider returning even if I won a free trip. I'd be happier winning a Big Mac. We were so disenchanted that after four days we called it a wrap and forfeited our remaining paid night. I'd really rather just be back at home. PS...after reading the management responses on previous reviews I anticipate a fairly scathing reply, in fairness to the resort I should say that during my stay I did not contact or interact with any members of the resort staff (because really, what are they going to do - update the entire infrastructure overnight?)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 10 July 2016

The place was right on the beach,but needs updated. Elevators were slow. The pool was dirty. Had stuff stole from our suitcases. We was there for 4 days no one should've been in the condo! I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family