“Disappointing and Forgotten”

Carolina Cafe
Ranked #8 of 90 Restaurants in Gaffney
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My Boyfriend and I visited Carolina Cafe because of multiple good reviews locals had given us. Pulling up to the restaurant, there were about 15 people waiting outside with at least 30 cars parked out front so we were anticipating a great dinner. Waited about 40 minutes, noticing we were by far the youngest (at 25 years old) there, when the couple who had showed up after us were called before us. They were kind enough to draw that fact to the hostess’s attention and the hostess said we were somehow crossed off the list. Instead of walking us to the table like she had the other couple, she simply pointed to our booth. Once sitting down, our waitress brought us waters but did not offer straws. She gave all the other tables around us straws. Then, after ordering an appetizer, we also noticed that all the other tables got complimentary rolls. After serving the table next to us two servings of rolls I had to ask for some. After receiving our meal, which was nothing special, and getting to eat not even half of our entrees, our waitress gave us the check and a Togo box. We felt rushed. Once we looked at the check, we realized we also got charged for glasses of ice water. Needless to say, we will not be back.

1  Thank Sara C

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Food is always great, service is wonderful and the desserts are the best around. If you are looking for a great local place, this is it.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Our server ignored us for more than 20 minutes, and was rude when I asked her to please remove the dirty silver and glasses from our table. We waited well over an hour for our meals with no apologies given. The food is good, but not worth the terrible personalities of the employees.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

My husband and I have dined at Carolina Café several times and ordered different menu items. Each time the food was good. Service is pleasant and atmosphere is laid back. Keep in mind this place is popular and you will probably have an average 30 minutes wait unless you are there when the door opens...smile.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We were staying in Gaffney and a business associate recommended we try this place. Boy am I glad we did. I had the Filet Mignon, which was the BEST steak I ever had. Very tender, cooked medium as requested, melted in my mouth. Better than many chain steakhouses. I ordered the Killer Shrimp with it and OMG these are pure heaven!! Grilled shrimp, wrapped in bacon with a sweet sauce...just awesome!!!

Service was good, food was excellent, parking lot was full on a Wednesday night. I highly recommend.

Been to Carolina Cafe? Share your experiences!