“Excellent food and service”
Review of Taco Boy

Taco Boy
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were a large party of 14, 8 adults and 6 children aged 2 to 13, and we were seated at 2 large adjacent tables in the enclosed part of the restaurant that overlooks Center Street. Our server Melanie was very pleasant and efficient and everything that we ordered, drinks, nachos with steak for appetizers and the various tacos that we all ordered were very tasty. They had a large selection of draught and bottled beers and when I was initially brought a bottle of Negro Modelo without a glass, when I requested a glass, it was immediately brought to me which is an indication of how good the service is at Taco Boy. My 3 tacos were the mahi mahi, tuna and shrimp and I enjoyed all of them. I opted for the soft flour tacos and was impressed with the variety that was offered. All in all, an excellent place to take a large family group as they are very accommodating.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The variety of specialty tacos is quite good. Group aged from 10 to 57 all found something appetizing. The back porch seating is kid friendly. The service is cheerful, if a little slow even when the restaurant was not crowded. Parking is tricky. The closest possible lot was two blocks away — and $10 a pop no matter what time of day you park. Another two blocks away is a $5 parking place. We were not there at the height of the season. I wonder if hospitality picks up with the certain influx.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We are here our last night on Folly Beach, we wanted something different and reasonably priced. We found Taco Boy on Trip Advisor and gave it a try. We had the margaritas, which were very good. The queso was really good! I had chicken taco and husband had shrimp taco. Both were very tasty. Only thing I didnt really like was the seating. Too close to other people.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

And this is rated #8 for Folly Beach? Doesn't say much for any of the restaurants here. We ordered margaritas, my choice was a skinny pineapple margarita, does that refer to less alcohol in the margarita? Couldn't taste any.
Tacos which my husband ordered: he ordered corn tortillas, he got flour tortillas. The chicken taco was OK, the pork taco arrived without any salsa, etc. My shrimp quesadilla was OK but the shrimp were salty. What I wanted to order was guacamole but refused to pay the market price of $11, I'll make my own!
After a $50 bill before tip, we left feeling hungry and very disappointed.

1  Thank Toadhollowtravellers
Schanen S, Guest Relations Manager at Taco Boy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

H there, we're disappointed to see that you didn't enjoy your recent visit with us. Did you alert your server about the mix up in tortillas? We would have gladly corrected that for you. For future guests that may be reading this, the pork taco on our menu is the Carnitas Norteno, which isn't served with salsa but an ancho Chile sauce and poblano rajas. We have plenty of tacos to choose from, so if you dine at Taco Boy again in the future, we're sure you can find something you like!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We had guac and queso to start and they were both really good, the queso could have been a little warmer in temperature. Kimchi and Tuna tacos were great, catfish taco was good. Would go again.