“Great seafood overlooking the beach!”

Blu Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Artic Street
Transit: Guests of BLU Restaurant & Bar may use the Tides Hotel parking lot free of charge on a space available basis.
Description: Few restaurants in Charleston offer oceanfront dining. None offer the unique experience you'll find at BLU. Set alongside the beach at the Tides Folly Beach, BLU combines indoor and outdoor seating featuring an amazing view of the Atlantic Ocean from almost every seat. Enjoy fresh local seafood showcasing the finest in contemporary coastal cuisine. Casual yet gracious, BLU is the ideal setting for a romantic dinner for two or an enjoyable night out with friends. Sit back, watch the waves roll in and enjoy the cool ocean breeze as we serve you the most delectable food around. With a casual beach bar and comfortable restaurant seating, BLU is where you want to be in Charleston.
Reviewed 11 August 2016

A friend and I tried Blu fort his first time last week. The restaurant is inside the lobby area of the Tides Hotel on Folly Beach.
I wasn't too impressed at first because the dining area was small and seemed in need of a remodeling. i know its on the beach so it takes a lot of wear and tear from tourists. We sat down and found that 2 of our water glasses needed to be washed better or perhaps replaced..... so a little disappointed.... until the dinner arrived ! It was great.
I has the scallops and my friend have the fish of the day both were Very good and the sides were well seasoned too. When I ask for bread my waiter informed me it would be an extra $6..... I find that outrageous for what most restaurants in Charleston will automatically bring to the table.
The service was good and the meal came in a timely manner. I will try it again!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Service was a little slow, because the waiters were waiting on tables on the outside deck (big bar area with a band) they were busy, so inside and outside back and forth. But My grouper was good, wish they had asked my choices on sides, the potato gnocchi was not good......bites of squash under the fish were OK. My husband had a cheeseburger and said it was really good. Prices are high and there are other seafood restaurants to eat with in walking distance

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Pricey and food is nothing special as far as quality or quantity. Our server was nice, but he was not very attentive. He was always rushing off before we could request something. Best thing was the view since we ate outdoors.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Where do I start?!?! After being sat outside on a hot day I was ready for a cold beverage... This didnt happen until about 14 min after sitting down. Food was ABSOLUTELY horrible. I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and it was like trying to eat a leather couch. So gross. I sent it back and after the texture of the first bite decided not to eat My friend got the wrap and it had so much mayo on it you could not eat it as well. The prices are not cheap so if you are interested in a great view with bad overpriced food this is it... I say avoid it all together and go to Lost Dog or Jack of Cups. Not coming here any more

1  Thank Charlestonsfinest
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Came in tonight with one of my friends from out of town and our dinner was amazing! I ordered the scallops and she ordered the swordfish. Both of our plates were amazing. The Sous Chef even came out to check on us regarding my celiac disease which was really comforting. We decided to sit at the inside bar and got prompt and attentive service. I've been here before for drinks at the tiki bar and always get treated very well! As the only beach front bar on Folly, I recommend this place to anyone visiting Charleston!