“Race Weekend”

Knights Inn Florence SC
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Clean rooms, good staff, quiet, location to raceway was good, plenty of restaurants close by. Will plan to stay there again. Value was good and staff was very helpful. Only thing missing was microwave and refrigerator.

Room Tip: Any room should work
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank whynotmiami

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Our room smelled of smoke, the bathroom was dirty, the linens were no changed. We found a dirty sock wrapped inside the linens. Not enough towels; the noise level outside the room was incredible, even at midnight. No Wifi unless you pay. In general was not a good experience AT ALL!. This is my first review and I felt compliant to do so due to the poor and unsanitary conditions of this hotel. I wish I had the chance to read the previous reviews. Avoid this place or you will seriously regret it!!!

Liked — Absolutely nothing

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank RSFranklin
6Team, brand expericened team member at Knights Inn Florence SC, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

I honestly was hesitant to do this review because I am still so very livid about my stay at this property! The hotel itself needs to be torn down and started over. The televisions are outdated, and half the channels don't work. We should have had a clue when we had to call maintenance to our room immediately after check in due to the A/C unit and his response was "well this is Motel 6") The biggest issue and the worst was when the power went out in our room. (They literally didn't "leave the light on for us") The ice machine is broken and apparently has been that way for a while because you have to go to convenience store nearby and purchase a bag of ice and then submit receipt to the front desk to be reimbursed. (Who needs an entire bag of ice especially when the freezer in the refrigerator doesn't work?) Then, after being moved because of the power going out at 8 pm on a Sunday night we were disturbed just before midnight because the front desk checked someone else into the room that we were moved to! We only stayed because we were there on business and hotels were limited due to a bike rally going on. In short, I felt like a 3rd world citizen and have never ever in my life been so displeased with a hotel/motel in my life!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank ShellaJ
Reviewed 1 August 2015

Made a reservation expecting a typical Motel 6. Desk clerk Terrance was great. However, we looked at two rooms which were non-smoking but smelled terrible. Old carpet. Upgrade not due until next year. Even worse, it is definitely in what my husband calls "the hood". What appeared to be drug dealers were visible on and near the property. Have to agree with a couple of the other reviewers...go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
6Team, brand expericened team member at Knights Inn Florence SC, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear Cynthia,
Thank you for sharing your review. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Our standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed there with my aunt between the end of April untill the end of June. It was an ok place I mean honestly you get what you pay for. The place was clean and never had to worry if the place was safe my 2 year old enjoyed the pool as they keep it real nice and clean! Ebony and William were outstanding front desk clerks if it wasn't for them I honestly don't know what I would've done they are amazing employees and really great people! I'm really happy I enjoyed my stay!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family