“Convenient and Very Clean Accommodations”

Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Little River, South Carolina
“Convenient and Very Clean Accommodations”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed two nights at the Quality Inn in Duncan, SC while visiting family nearby. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. It was nice having a refrigerator and microwave and pet friendly accommodations. The staff was helpful and courteous and the continental breakfast consisted of a wide range of choices to suit everyone. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for a first floor room and were able to get one. Easy unpacking and no stairs!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by this Quality Inn. My room was clean and fresh and the front desk was exceedingly friendly. Nice water pressure. I had a small problem with the cable to the TV from the outlet to the set. I went down to swap the cable and the desk clerk took the cable and said go back to the room he would send someone right up. The maintenance man said that he didn't have a cable to fit it so he took some cable he had, put two ends on it and the problem was fixed. For the money ($52) I was expecting a dump but I found a place when I'll stay again when I'm in that area.‎

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tombea
florida
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My husband I stayed at this hotel when traveling through the area, it is really close to two major Interstate Highways so it was convenient. The lobby was clean, the room was clean and comfortable, although small and not fancy. There was a microwave and refrigerator. The continental breakfast was fine, there was yogurt and fruit, hot and cold cereal, assorted breads and sweet rolls. The price was good, too. Good Value.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mmfromflorida
Cedar Bluff, Alabama
Reviewed 15 February 2010

The motel wasn't crowded and they placed a rowdy group of young kids next door to us. We made several complaints to the front desk with no result and finally had to threaten to call 911 to get them to kick the SOB's out. Filed a complaint with Quality Inn corporate and they just passed it along to the hotel and all we got was a promise to refund $25.00 (which we never got) and a bunch of lip service. The worst hotel experience I have ever had. Will never stay here again

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank JordansofWeiss
NYC
Reviewed 14 September 2009

The lighting in this place is very dim, even during the day time. I guess they are trying to save electricity. All the lights are low-powered incadescents. Even the lobby is dim. The parking lot is dim and the lights in the rooms cast lots of shadows, making the room look grim.

The hotel is very old looking. When pulling into the parking lot my first impression was that it could be mistaken for an abandoned motel (see: dim lights). Don't let the pictures fool you, imagine the building in the pictures 20 years later and that's what it is. The room is very worn and what looked like it was once white was now yellow. Paint was missing from some areas. The things that bothered me the most was the sort of creepy feeling from hearing random knocks/scratches/thumps through the night. The door locked but wasn't air sealed so I could hear basically everything outside. The exit near the hotel is sort of a trucker's stop but luckily traffic dies down around nightfall. But I could hear random cars entering/exiting the lot at late hours of the night/early in the morning. There was also a banging sound from the next room, which I eventually attributed to the refridgerator. Being that the room doors exit outside and was a few hundred feet from the receptionist, and that the outdoor lighting was dim and I was half-asleep, I didn't act on switching rooms even though I had wanted to. The bed cushion was thin, you could almost feel the individual springs.

The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was decent and there's a Waffle House next door.

In the end I left the hotel intact. For the $50 price there are several other hotels to choose from.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo