“Very nice”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night on our way through SC. It was very nice and clean. Well maintained outdoor pool and good breakfast. The staff was very friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HotelResponse_2017, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Rebecca B.,

Thank you for all of the kind remarks you've left for our Sleep Inn & Suites hotel here on TripAdvisor. Though you were only able to spend one night here, I hope that you were able to check out some of the beautiful Conway, SC area while you were in town. We're glad to know that you found all of the extras that you were hoping for at our property, and love hearing that you'd gladly return here again. Please be sure to let our staff know what we can do during your next trip to this area to ensure that we earn a full 5-star rating from you following your stay at our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was pleased with my stay. Check in was done well. The room seemed recently refurbished and had all the expected features, small frig, microwave, large flat screen TV, iron, luggage stand, etc. Very hot an humid day but AC kept the room comfortable and was not too noisy. It was mid week and the hotel was quiet except for road noise from hwy 501 but after all this is a roadside hotel and my room was on the highway side. Bed was comfortable. I did not use the pool. However, like many hotels, the TV did not get HD from the cable, only analog SD. I know this can be done better because I recently stayed in a hotel in Surfside Beach that got full HD on all channels without any kind of converter box. I miss my HDTV when I travel. The room was a good size but the shower was small.

Room Tip: Get an even numbered room to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob M
HotelResponse_2017, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Bob M.,

Thank you for writing such a specific review regarding your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Conway, SC. We love hearing about all of the things that made you feel welcomed here, as well as some things that we could improve upon to make your next visit an even better one. Our best changes come as a result of the suggestions of our guests, and we appreciate all of your very valuable remarks. I hope that you'll continue to allow us to be your lodging provider of choice whenever your travels bring you to this area. We'd love to see you again and will work very hard to make your next stay worthy of a 5-star rating.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Staff was excellent and room was very clean and updated. We live in the area and just wanted to go and stay and swim in the pool! The beds were very soft and bathroom was clean. It is close to restaurants and stores.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Blonde080791
HotelResponse_2017, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Dear Blonde080791,

We were extremely pleased to receive your 5-star rating and positive review here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for trusting our Sleep Inn & Suites to provide you with lodging during this trip. We are delighted to hear that our hotel was able to offer you a somewhat local place to have a quick "staycation" at. I hope that you enjoyed many hours of fun in the sun at our swimming pool, and that you found the rest you were looking for in one of our well-appointed guest rooms. We appreciate all of your very kind feedback and hope to have the chance to welcome you back here again at some point in the future for another getaway trip!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The spotlight from the pool was shining in my room all night, there were mattresses in the hallways for days (not sure why), my room had large stains on the carpet and couch, many outlets didn't work, clocks unplugged, fridge freezes everything, very limited TV stations, etc... Not one major thing but a collection of simply subpar smaller issues that show how little they are trying here. I asked the front desk person for a late checkout (until 12:00 or 12:30) and she basically yelled at me and said no, even though the hotel was basically empty. The breakfast was horrible, which explains why at 8:15am there was not one single person there for the next 20 minutes (just me and the terrible, old food). I drove down to outside paces for breakfast the next couple days. I will never stay there again though it is the most convenient hotel for my work. We have a travel agency that handles travel for my company and this hotel is definitely going on their list to never use again. Its as if management here is non-existent or simply doesn't care

Room Tip: Don't stay facing the pool as the lights stay on through the night; and no elevator to 2nd floor
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
HotelResponse_2017, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear dennistheriault,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my direct attention via this TripAdvisor review. I offer my sincere apologies for all of the discomforts that you faced while you were our guest and I would love to have the chance to speak with you in further detail about your experience here. Please feel free to reach out to me, at your convenience, at (843) 365-2828 . I hope that you'll change your mind and allow us another opportunity to welcome you back here in the future. We'd love to be able to work to earn your loyalty again.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Never before have I seen a manager and staff brazenly lie to and steal from customers even when the police got involved.

Long story short, the staff entered my room despite a do not disturb sign, then fined me $200 for a service pet that was in the room for about three hours. I was then denied entrance to the room by an extremely rude front desk clerk named Tina, then charged an additional night stay for less than 24 hours at the hotel. Fortunately my bank is reversing the bogus charge but Sonia only waived the pet fee upon check out because she refused to even come out front and speak to me when the police arrived.

The staff then sneaked an additional night's charge on there,
and lied about my time of check out, which is completely unprofessional and deceptive. I did not authorize this charge and it's unconscionable that these cretins are running a major brand hotel. Decent accommodations, but the entire staff needs to be replaced with people who understand the concept of customer service. Worst hotel management I've seen in more than 30 years or travel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear Amaani L.,

I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied for the fact that we assessed a pet fee to your account. You signed our "No Pets" policy when you arrived at our property, and in so doing, agreed that you would not bring pets into our hotel. Per the Facebook post that you made at 2:52AM while you were checked into our location, you acknowledged that you were aware the pet cat was not supposed to be in the your room and that your "luggage meows a lot." Your check-out time was supposed to be at 11AM the following morning, so our housekeeping staff had the right to enter the room after that, regardless of a Do Not Disturb sign, as you were to be gone. I know that a $200 cleaning fee seems extreme, but as a pet-free facility, we are legally bound to deep clean the entire guest room following it being entered by an animal, as our other guests may have allergies related to pets. Again, I'm sorry that this caused such a problem for you and I hope that the remainder of your time in this area was pleasant.

Sonia Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
13.9 km away
Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - West
#27 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
24.3 km away
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Clarion Hotel & Conference Cente...
#131 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
23.0 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
28.8 km away
Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!