See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Booked online. Upon arrival, entered lobby. Two hotel staff were behind the desk. The one to the left was assisting another guest; the one to the right was not. Eventually.... (after 3 minutes) the one who was assisting another guest, asked Kristen (the one who eventually checked me in) why “you have that lady just standing there waiting”. Without answering her coworker, and without greeting me, Kristen asked how she could help me. Stepping up to the desk, I explained that I have a reservation. She asked for my ID. I stood there for approximately 4-5 more minutes as they had small talk amongst themselves (Kristen was punching things in on the computer as they talked) eventually, she printed a sheet, and highlighted 4 places on it. She waved the paper around in the air looking under the things on the cluttered counter. I assumed she was looking for a pen, “there are pens attached to the counter here if you are looking for a pen” I explained. She placed the paper on the counter, and told me to initial in 3 places and sign in the space at the bottom. I did. She put the key in the envelope, and wrote the room number on it. I asked for two keys and she made another. I asked for the WiFi code, she said there is none. She then said, you’re in the 2nd building, facing us. And handed me the envelope. No thank you, no information about whether or not there is a continental breakfast... nothing.
-The Room-
The tub looks dirty, but that’s probably because it’s old. The floor was not swept,
or mopped, and the bathroom door needs to be wiped down. Needless to say, I’m opting not to stay here. I can only assume that if the floor and tub are dirty, the sheets and spread have not been changed either. This stay was booked for close to $75 and I’d rather forego the money, than take a chance sleeping on a dirty bed, or showering in a dirty tub. I travel and stay in hotels often, and when the desk staff is professional and friendly, I would simply ask for another room.... however, since my check in was so sub par, I’d rather just leave.
Lastly, Kristen failed to return my ID to me..... however, the other lady came to my room about an hour lady, to return it to me.
You all may want to have Kristen clean rooms instead of working the desk.... I have stayed here before, but I will not stay here again. There are a plethora of hotels in the area to choose from it’s important to make sure each customer feels welcomed, and appreciated for choosing yours!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Marcus J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft. Jackson. I am sorry that your experience with the front desk staff did not meet expectations and they were perceived unprofessional. I am terribly sorry to read that your room was in the condition as you have mentioned. I have shared your comments with the staff.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Great service front desk is very help and housekeeping help with your needs had no problems. They also have reasonable rates. They are very pet friendly. They get get checked in very fast no long waits

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Marcus J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you so much for the positive review regarding the staff. It is very satisfying to know that you felt welcomed. It was a pleasure to have you here and I hope you will always use Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Check in was very smooth and the house keepers assisted with every need. Front desk as usual were great. I accidentally spilled something and had to use the towels to clean it up and there was a line at the front desk with one employee working the property. The front desk contacted that employee without skipping a beat from assisting the customers. Great skill set

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Marcus J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review of my staff. It is always pleasant to read (or hear) that the staff are courteous and professional in all the daily tasks they perform. We strive for superior customer service and always teach our employees to go the extra mile! It will be with great pleasure to read this review with my crew; I know they will be delighted to see such good praises. We look forward to your next visit and hope your next stay will be just as pleasurable.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Our experience at RRI was extremely pleasant! Our front desk clerk,Antuwan McCrae, made our stay there so enjoyable! She went above and beyond to ensure that we were well taken care of! RRI NEEDS MORE EMPLOYEES LIKE HER!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Marcus J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

It comes with great pleasure to read the wonderful response to our survey. I am certain my GSR Antuwan will humbly accept the kind words that was written on their behalf. It is our daily commitment to make sure that you and future guest are able to return to a place of familiarity. Antuwan always tries to go above and beyond to WOW any guest and very willing to expedite any task that the guest needs to make the stay enjoyable. As for now and the future we kindly look forward to your return and in great hope that you will return so that we can continue our circle of excellence

Reviewed 30 November 2017

If it weren't for the helpful front desk staff, my rating would have been a 1! Mold in the bathroom! NO toilet paper, soap or towels in the room! Paint peeling on the walls and ceiling in the bathroom, sink area and sleeping area! Stains on the pillowcases, sheets AND comforters (asked to change rooms, was told it was the last pet friendly room they had)! IF it wasn't 11:45pm, had I not been driving for 10 hrs and had to get up early to drive another 13 hrs the next morning, I would have demanded my money back and left!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft. Jackson. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I was disheartened to read of your experience; these things should never occur to any guest at any facility. Please accept our humblest apologies.