“Because there was no where else to go- - -”

Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
Ranked #52 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Clearwater, Florida
“Because there was no where else to go- - -”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We had been driving for over 8 hours and finally pulled off the highway into the foothills which harbored a bunch of motels and restaurants. What we did not know was that it was the SC basketball championships and all the motels were full--except the Red Roof Inn. We had stayed at other Red Roofs and f ound them acceptable. This one was too--barely--because we were bushed. In spite of the notice that there might be no hot water for showers; in spite of the fully uniformed and armed guard; in spite of not being allowed into the main reception area, we stayed there. By leaving at 4AM, we got hot water. Coffee in the room tasted like the cardboard cup. Thanks for McDonalds.

Room Tip: We asked for, and received, a downstairs room, probably out of pity as I really looked downtrodden...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia East-Ft. Jackson. I was extremely glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your floor preference in spite of being nearly full. Many guests have told us they appreciate the location of our inn, as it is convenient to many interstates and state highways.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay. We hope to see you again very soon.

Daniel Packard, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Waxhaw, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I took my wife to the zoo in Columbia. Spent the night at this motel. I had called ahead and made sure that it was okay to have flowers delivered. It was. The staff was all in on the surprise and just as happy as I was to hear how my wife like the flowers delivered from ProFlowers. We tried out two of the Lizard's Thicket restaurants this time. They were both good. I think we have eaten at 3 of the 9 or so in Columbia. All food is cooked fresh at each location and yummy. Southern food. Reasonable rate.

Had an excellent time.

Room Tip: We get handicap room on ground floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Mr. Albright,

Thank you very much for your response, based on your most recent visit. I was so happy to hear you enjoyed not only the attractions and restaurants in the area, but the service our staff provided, as well. I can assure you that your positive comments about your stay will be relayed to the entire staff.

The entire team at the Red Roof Inn-Columbia East thank you again, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Daniel Packard, GM
Red Roof Inn-Columbia East
Kannapolis, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

This hotel has been recently renovated. It is an inn so the rooms are outside; however, the heating and cooling systems are effective. The staff at this establishment are amiable people. The bed is nice and soft yet firm. The sheets are always clean and the towels are as well. The only draw back is that there are no irons in the rooms, but rooms are available with microwaves and refrigerators. The cable is great and the WiFi is accessible. I absolutely love it and stay at this hotel when on business all the time.

Room Tip: Please chose the Superior King Room. It is a great experience at an affordable price.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Bugs found all over bathroom. Told front desk person with no results, also told house keeper still no results. Stayed two days, told them both days, and then again at check-out. Other then this, this is a nice property for the price. I would stay here again, but will check out the room before signing in. Nice Staff.

Room Tip: Check out the room before hand.......
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
dpmanager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Dear Mr. Hubert,

Thank you very much for bringing to my attention the issues you encountered during your recent stay. I have notified our national pest control company about your experience. Also, I have spoken to the staff members about more empathetic and willing to correct problems when notified.

Please give us another opportunity to show how we really provide value to our loyal guests. We would greatly appreciate a second chance to make a very positive impression.

Daniel Packard
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

My husband and in laws were in Columbia for friends and family day as well as basic training graduation at Fort Jackson. Because we only needed a clean bed and shower for the night at a low rate, that's exactly what we got. We decided to wing it and find a hotel close to the base instead of booking online. This was our first stay at a Red Roof Inn and it will be our last. The hotel is located in the vicinity of a lot of restaurants (sit-down and fast food) and stores which was an advantage. However, the location is not the best. Anyone familiar with Columbia and Two Notch Road knows what I am talking about. It is a busy highway that has its highs (restaurants, mall, finer hotels and stores) and lows (shady characters). My husband checked us in as I sat in our vehicle but he called me in to give the clerk our travel discount card. As I entered the hotel lobby, it was average nothing special about it. The clerk was very helpful and courteous. What (rather who) caught my attention and made me feel a little uncomfortable was a guy sitting in the lobby with his dark eye shades on. If it were daytime, it wouldn't have been unusual however it was around 8/8:30 PM. I gave my husband what he needed and returned to our vehicle. While waiting I noted a woman maybe in her 20's exit her car dressed very provocative and inappropriate for the unusually cold night. We made eye contact as I watched her lower her blouse before entering the lobby. Moments later, a couple that appeared to be in their 50's entered the lobby as well. I noticed that the couple waited roughly 10 minutes and came back to their vehicle and drove away. Something didn't seem right as the clerk was still assisting my husband and wouldn't have had chance to serve the couple. My husband returned to the car and asked me if I saw the woman in the lobby and I told him yes. He said that she told him that she "would be up later to take care of you daddy." I asked him what did he say? He told me that he told her that that was alright, that his wife would take care of him. I shouldn't have been surprised as we were on Two Notch Road where anything goes. After he told me that, to me it explained why the couple abruptly left. We went to our room which was located on the second floor. First impression is that the room was kind of dated but it was clean. We had a superior king room as the regular king room was sold out. The only difference is that our room had a microwave oven and refrigerator. Please be aware that the room didn't have an iron. I hung our clothes in the shower for the steam to remove some of the wrinkles. The bathroom as Ok (size wise) but clean. The only thing that I can say for this Red Roof Inn is that it served its purpose. We needed a clean bed and shower at a low rate and that is what we received. Always remember that without research, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family