“The Best Of All Hampton Properties !!!”

Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road
Ranked #11 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
“The Best Of All Hampton Properties !!!”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I'be stayed at this location several times for two reasons.....The staff and management are so professional and friendly !!!!! No fake smiles or greetings, no 'yes' to satisfy you. These people are really pleasant to be around and that just makes your stay more pleasant. This Hampton is close to shopping and restaurants and easy access for I-20 travelers.

• Stayed January 2012
anthony_russell, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for choosing our property and taking the time to give us a great review. I apologize for the delay in sending a response, I wasn't aware that I had that option until recently. The title of your response "the Best of all Hampton Properties" is great. Although we are under the same Brand umbrella as the other local franchised Hampton Inns, we do like to keep a friendly competition going. I do apologize if the noise from the interstate bothered you on your stay. We have some travelers that are heavy sleepers and the interstate is not a factor, while other travelers are relatively light sleepers(like myself) and the noise may be a concern. We will always take your prefrences into consideration. We would love to have you back and continue to earn your business. If you note it in the request/comment section of your reservation or let us know at check-in that you perfer to be away from the interstate side it will be our pleasure to accomodate. Thanks again for taking the time to give us a great review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Second time staying at this property. Location is 3.5 miles from great mall and restaurants. Very clean, quiet (with the exception of occasional highway noise), new flat screens, refrigerators in room. Staff is above the norm for hotels much more expensive.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for the stellar review. I was not aware that I could send a response to these until fairly recently so I do apologize about the untimely response. I actually remember you from your visit, because I was with Bess that evening. Although my response has been delayed, I did share your review with our front desk agent Bess. I even posted it on our "Wall of Fame" in the back office to let everyone know that Bess did a great job. I know your kind words helped boost Bess' morale and hopefully inspired our other employees to go that extra step in regards to customer service. I do remember the troubles at check-in due to your colleuges oversight and the difficulties with the car keys immediately afterward. I was impressed with your decorum and professionalism in the face of adversity. Even after all that you made the time to write a great review. Thank you so much and we would love to have you stay with us again.
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I was SO PLEASED with one of the 2nd shift desk clerks, BESS, i do believe. I was not having a very good day, once finally got checked in, due to error from employer, I would up locking my cell and keys in my car, BEFORE I took items out to go into my hotel room. Bess was so understanding, offered whatever she could to make my 70 minute wait on a locksmith better. I WILL stay at this location again and HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to any and all in the Columbia/Camden SC area. THANKS BESS!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Great space for meeting of 5 - 40 people. Staff is awesome and was very accommodating. They had room and space set up ready to go. Tables had tablecloths, note taking pads, pens and mints. Hotel provided projector screen, cart, power strip along with coffee, water, cups etc.

They took all the hassle out of my meeting. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Bjluther52
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stay at many hotels throughout the year. This is the BEST Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at and when anywhere near Columbia this IS the hotel of choice. I choose to drive an extra 30 - 45 mins. from surrounding cities to stay at this Hampton Inn due to it's Friendly Staff, clean and neat rooms and great value. This is a must stay if staying anywhere near Columbia. The entire staff will make you feel warm and welcome.

• Stayed September 2011