All reviews great location overflow parking walking distance lady street gervais street colonial life arena parking lot self park bars and restaurants complimentary breakfast state capitol university of south carolina convention center staff was very friendly college visit beautiful hotel definitely stay here again
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to visit our son and attend a football. This is my second stay at this hotel. Over the past 3 years, I have stayed in 4 different Columbia hotels. I like the location of this hotel the best. Self parking is easy and we can walk to all the restaurants in the Vista. The staff here are very welcoming and friendly. The rooms are clean and overall well laid out. My only complaint with the room is there’s not a makeup mirror. It’s convenient having the breakfast included. I only wish the scrambled eggs were real eggs. Whatever egg substitute they use is not good.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Austa J, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Columbia / Downtown / The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review on us, Goodwin4me!

It's always great to get feedback from our football fans, especially when their kids play football too! It's great that you took advantage of the location of our hotel and got to have a great time with us. We do apologize about not having a proper make-up vanity and that our breakfast eggs didn't appeal to you. However, we do have a brand new breakfast menu coming out November 1st for Hyatt members that promises to be really tasty, and hopefully next time you visit we can see about getting more lighting for you in the vanity! Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 14 October 2018

My first-time experience at the Hyatt Place Columbia/The Vista was a great experience from the moment I drove up to the hotel to ask about parking. Everyone was very helpful. It was truly a welcoming experience. The food and drinks offered (coffee and teas) where a perfect touch added to pleasant surroundings to sit and have conversation with others. Thank you, I will visit again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you very much for your nice review, Christinekhistory001!

We're happy to hear you had an excellent experience on your first time visiting us! We look forward to your future stays and hope we make them just as pleasant as your first. Thank you and welcome to our Hyatt family!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

I have been in a hotel more than 120 plus nights this year and know a great team when I see one. The GM Luca and two others ( Denzell & Sarah) made a great impression on me during my visit. They each went out of their way to make this an awesome visit. I am typically a Marriott person but in this town I will from now on stay at the Hyatt Place. It is an up to date, clean, and centrally located where all of the action is in Columbia. Keep up the great work and keep hiring professional people like the folks mentioned in my review. 5 STARS

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Austa J, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Columbia / Downtown / The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you very much for your great review on us, Stromeister2018!

It's amazing to hear we made such a great impression on you with our humble staff during your stay! Denzell and Sarah are two of our best employees and our Assistant General Manager Mr. Fusetti does a great job with keeping things in tact with our hotel. We look forward to hosting more of your visits with us and hopefully you'll get the chance to know more of our wonderful staff that works here. Til then, safe travels and welcome to our Hyatt family!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for USC parents weekend. Despite being busy staff was very attentive and parking guy's were awesome. Friday night champagne and appetizers and nice touch as well as weekend signature drinks. We will be back!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind review, David S.!

Parents' weekend is usually one of our busiest times of the year, but glad we were able to host your weekend well with our appetizers and unique signature drinks done by our staff! It was a pleasure having you with us, and we hope you'll be back with us soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Got a li'l lost on the way, but Jennifer at front desk cleared it all up & gave us the Lady St. address for checking in. Room wasn't available for us to check in when we arrived around 3:30, but Luca was most apologetic & comped us some drinks while waiting for @ 3 mins. Two thumbs up for Jennifer and Luca!!!
Breakfast was great! Thanks to Jarry and his crew!!! He even gave me some to go boxes while my family slept in so they got to eat. We definitely felt like family and we will stay at this Hyatt again for future trips to Columbia.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review, Carmela L.!

Sorry to hear about you being lost, but happy to hear that our hosts were able to lead you to us! It sounds like they did a wonderful job about handling your reservation and showed you some of our good old hospitality! Thnak you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you again real soon. Until then, safe travels!